Greetings Stroppy Chops

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Greetings Stroppy Chops

Post by Mr Curious »

I've heard they use coconut shells/husks
3 hours? I thought they would cold smoke it for like a week
but yeah, smoking it would drive out some moisture too

kyleincambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by kyleincambo »

Hey, as a chef by trade I will let you in on a little secret when it comes to curing bacon. You need a salt with nitrates. Using regular salt will cure bacon with the other stuff involved with curing but you need the nitrates. So if you want that BACON-Y flavor. You know what I mean that mmm salty bacon flavor, and not just pork roast flavor you need, actually NEED to use pink salt. It is what makes your cured pork belly go from good to mmm BACON!!! Take notes fellas Cambodia will change when this secret gets out! You can also google it of course.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 10:15 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 10:07 pm Tell Mrs Stroppy I said hello, and I'll see you both in a couple weeks!
Done. There'll be bacon.
Hi GM, speaking of bacon....
Using Tapatalk
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 10:15 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 10:07 pm Tell Mrs Stroppy I said hello, and I'll see you both in a couple weeks!
Done. There'll be bacon.
I think some red wine would be a good addition, yes?

Need a bbq? ;)
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic