What is the age of consent in Cambodia?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: What is the age of consent in Cambodia?

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SoonerorLater wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:26 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 9:55 pm
SoonerorLater wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 8:20 pm Since I started this circle jerk, I want to clarify a couple things. First, I am 73 and in a relationship with a 39 year old. Next, my OP was asking a serious question about the legality of what appeared to be girls in a bar, that will remain unamed, that were no older than 17 and a couple much less.
I thank all those that gave a serious reply and some of the rest of you jump to conclusions way too fast. Lastly, I in no way condone sex with those underage, but like couple of responders, I get that the economic realities create less than ideal situations. That and the fact that 30% of Khmer females are illiterate and have very few options. Over and OUT.
Your 'serious' question was this:
Not is not my real question....what happens if you bar fine a girl that claims to be 19 but turns out to be 16 and the Cambodia police somehow learn and show up at your room?
I think you got all the right answers here. ie. An underage girl is underage no matter where you meet her, if she looks too young then she probably is, and yes it's illegal and you could go to jail.
Lastly, I in no way condone sex with those underage, but ...

:thumb: Good to hear, and I'm not jumping to conclusions about why you were asking your question, but...
"If" frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their asses so much.
why would you bump this thread?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:55 pm I'm fucking shocked myself. I'm glad nobody asked me to bet on this, as I would have lost bigly.

Thanks to all members for being mature and staying on topic, even though it had such potential to de-fucking-rail into a locked thread (though I've probably just jinxed it by saying that, LoL).
I have to say that I opened this thread expecting....well, not this. Good to see.
Using Tapatalk
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I always assume the reason behind someone asking this question.

I don't buy the story.

Go home.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
lindastyles
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by lindastyles »

So disgusting
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

lindastyles wrote:So disgusting
What? You think Cambodia having an age of consent is disgusting?! Dear God.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

you will find nothing that raises the ire more quickly around here, Linda, than any hint of impropriety in this direction.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

It's the ultimate red flag question.

If you ask, it's kind of obvious why, and no long story will make you look good.

If I needed a cheap place to stay for an extended period in Murika, I would simply ask where to buy fertiliser, copper wire and a cheap, second-hand phone.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
SoonerorLater
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by SoonerorLater »

vladimir wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:41 am It's the ultimate red flag question.

If you ask, it's kind of obvious why, and no long story will make you lobuy ok good.

If I needed a cheap place to stay for an extended period in Murika, I would simply ask where to buy fertiliser, copper wire and a cheap, second-hand phone.
Of course, if you ask does Cambodia have capital punishment for murder you are obviously about to murder someone. How dare someone be curious unless they are up to some nefarious Great power of deduction SHERLOCK. I REPEAT I wondered into a bar with girls that were obviously underaged, some I would guess 14-15-16-17 years old. This prompted the question, does the authorities care and is there any responsibility for the owners to assure their employees are of legal age? Anyone with a working brain cell knows that taking an underaged girl from a bar or, or anywhere else, is a recipe for trouble. I am tired of being accused of being a criminal by those who do not know me or have a clue what they are talking about.

No need for you to buy fertilizer your asinine response is 100% bullshit and assumption.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

SoonerorLater wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:47 pm I REPEAT I wondered into a bar with girls that were obviously underaged, some I would guess 14-15-16-17 years old.
To that statement I would say you guessed wrong,unless of course you are talking about some shady local establishments operating under the radar and out of Phnom Penh. Certainly the chance of encountering underage girls operating in bars in Phnom Penh that are frequented by foreigners is highly unlikely to say the least.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SoonerorLater wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:47 pm
vladimir wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:41 am It's the ultimate red flag question.

If you ask, it's kind of obvious why, and no long story will make you lobuy ok good.

. I REPEAT I wondered into a bar with girls that were obviously underaged, some I would guess 14-15-16-17 years old. This prompted the question, does the authorities care and is there any responsibility for the owners to assure their employees are of legal age?
mate, if youre going to quote yourself then quote yourself properly :facepalm:
in you OP you said...
what happens if you bar fine a girl that claims to be 19 but turns out to be 16 and the Cambodia police somehow learn and show up at your room?
your question was about do the authorities care if youve got a 16 year old in your room... even if she told you she was "19"
Anyone with a working brain cell knows that taking an underaged girl from a bar or, or anywhere else, is a recipe for trouble. I am tired of being accused of being a criminal by those who do not know me or have a clue what they are talking about.
if thats the case then why start this thread in the first place?! if you already knew the answer to your OP?

mate i did ask why you would un earth this particular thread again,
you mares well grab your shovel and dig yourself a deeper hole, maybe next time you wont resurface it again,
whatever your true intentions was with this thread it doesnt paint you in the best of light
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Locked Previous topicNext topic