America is batchit crazy thread

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
ali baba
Expatriate

Re: America is batchit crazy thread

Post by ali baba »

UKJ wrote:I don't see anything wrong with the first example. Sexting 15 year old girls is thankfully illegal.
The guy texting with her is 17 and so is also a child in the eyes of the law.
It's interesting that you think sexting should be a crime but have nothing to say about the sexual assault this boy suffered at the hands of police.
The thing about things like the second example, although extreme, is that in a lot of instances, it's the public who have campaigned for some iffy laws. Grieving parents, for example, are always campaigning for laws against some freak instance that killed their loved ones. And of course, if you make killing foetuses illegal ( which sounds just) , then it opens the doors to cases like the one quoted.
Why is it acceptable to endanger the health of adult women in favour of 9 month old fetuses? That seems backwards to me.
Scarier than malaria.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

ali baba wrote:
UKJ wrote:I don't see anything wrong with the first example. Sexting 15 year old girls is thankfully illegal.
The guy texting with her is 17 and so is also a child in the eyes of the law.
It's interesting that you think sexting should be a crime but have nothing to say about the sexual assault this boy suffered at the hands of police.
The thing about things like the second example, although extreme, is that in a lot of instances, it's the public who have campaigned for some iffy laws. Grieving parents, for example, are always campaigning for laws against some freak instance that killed their loved ones. And of course, if you make killing foetuses illegal ( which sounds just) , then it opens the doors to cases like the one quoted.
Why is it acceptable to endanger the health of adult women in favour of 9 month old fetuses? That seems backwards to me.
I didn't realize he was a minor in American law. He is an adult in my country.
Is it a sexual assault by the Police? Would they not ask a doctor to do it? And should a suspected sex offender have the right to refuse to comply with the police? Like if a pedo texts a photo of his dick to your daughter, you'd be happy that nobody could check to see if it was his dick?

The thing about the second case is that laws are passed, and they don't expect society to change, or people use the law for some eventualities. But, seeing as it's now law, not to kill a foetus, some lawyer or prosecuter goes a bit far with it. But like I said, it was probably ordinary citizens who campaigned for the law. I don't really buy in to " governments are mad, bad and want to be bad to everyone"!
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

--But like I said, it was probably ordinary citizens who campaigned for the law. I don't really buy in to " governments are mad, bad and want to be bad to everyone"!--
Is this directed at me? I never divorced the government from the governed in this thread. There is widespread support for politicians to be tough on crime in America.
Scarier than malaria.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

ali baba wrote: Is this directed at me? .
Not particularly.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

One of my all time favorites..totally brushed under the rug by the government media complex

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/08 ... al-matter/

this happend same week as the boston bombing mind you.

ahhh didnt you know 12 am is the best time for a science experiment?

There peeeeaaccceeee lovingggg...Lmfao
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

tbh, I would have shot the fuckers.

But perhaps some people can't put 2 and 2 together.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

vladimir wrote:tbh, I would have shot the fuckers.

t put 2 and 2 together? Now thats islamaphobia asshole now stfu with that kinda thinking. This is 2014 the era of globalization...we got starbucks and Ipads...get with the program you fucking neanderthal.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Ali Baba: The "Wide-Spread-Support" in America to be tough on crime is actually supported almost in whole by the attorneys/judges/bar associations and corporations that make money from the jail/prison industry. With the amount of laws and thug police in America its not a matter of if you will inadvertently commit a "crime" and be locked up/in court, its a matter of when. Its all about power and control.

The longer jail sentences and mandatory jail sentences were rammed though the government by the above special interest groups. Jails/prisons in America are a growth industry for corporations who are run by Ta Da members of private government sanctioned clubs/monopolies called Bar Associations.

As I've stated before and anyone can google this, America the land of the not so free has more people (mostly men) in jails/prisons per capita than any other country on earth. This includes North Korea, Russia, Burma, and all the Craplanastain countries. 2,200,000+ people in jails/prisons in Amerika and this doesn't even include people still in the system in rehab, half-way houses, probation, etc.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

The Add Jay wrote:
vladimir wrote:tbh, I would have shot the fuckers.

t put 2 and 2 together? Now thats islamaphobia asshole now stfu with that kinda thinking. This is 2014 the era of globalization...we got starbucks and Ipads...get with the program you fucking neanderthal.
It were a joke, retard. :roll:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic