Seeking a pharmaceutical - Xyrem?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Seeking a pharmaceutical - Xyrem?

Post by Kuroneko »

Luigi wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:49 pm ''A. With parental and school permission, yes.

Is that a real possiility? Has there ever been a presidence?

IDK. But a teacher administering drugs of any kind to a student is a scary propisition. Even an aspirin.
For both you & student. Do you have any type of medical background? Doctor, pharmacist, medical practioner, physicians assistant?

Not disparaging your intent. But seriously, do you posess the skills to evaluate the efficaciousness of what you are suggesting??? Abillity to determine side effects??? Ability to provde necessary emergency response in case of any of the known or unknown side effects??? On site or off???
A bit confusing this because Xyrem is usually taken in two doses, one at bedtime and the second 2.5 to 4 hours later. The medicine works very fast so the patient should be in bed before administration. Hopefully the diagnosing physician is qualified for this treatment and on call for any emergency. Xyrem can cause breathing problems, seizure, loss of consciousness, or death, and there are a list of adverse reactions that should be observed.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Oh come on, what could possibly go wrong?????
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:26 pm Oh come on, what could possibly go wrong?????
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:45 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
Luigi wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:49 pm ''A. With parental and school permission, yes.

IDK. But a teacher administering drugs of any kind to a student is a scary propisition. Even an aspirin.
For both you & student. Do you have any type of medical background? Doctor, pharmacist, medical practioner, physicians assistant?

Not disparaging your intent. But seriously, do you posess the skills to evaluate the efficaciousness of what you are suggesting??? Abillity to determine side effects??? Ability to provde necessary emergency response in case of any of the known or unknown side effects??? On site or off???
All great questions.
So how about you answer them?
I simply choose not to, Rozzie. Perhaps you'd like to give me negative karma and make bitchy comments for that, but that's my choice.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

StroppyChops wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:25 pm
StroppyChops wrote:

All great questions.
I simply choose not to, Rozzie. Perhaps you'd like to give me negative karma and make bitchy comments for that, but that's my choice.
Ok SC, but you are asking us to help you find a drug which is not for you and is potentially lethal if not properly administered. People are asking questions. No need to get snarky with Roz.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:06 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:25 pm
StroppyChops wrote:

All great questions.
Ok SC, but you are asking us to help you find a drug which is not for you and is potentially lethal if not properly administered. People are asking questions. No need to get snarky with Roz.
Roz is a big girl, I'm sure she doesn't need you defending her. You actually don't defend anyone else when people get "snarky" so I assume it's because she's a woman?

Edit: actually, my response to you, AM, was a bit strong. You're probably not aware of Roz's negative karma's and bitchy comments to me, so...
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Seeking a pharmaceutical - Xyrem?

Post by rozzieoz »

One comment on your 'rabbits in the forest' story, because you were being a 'whiny baby.'
Because you were!

You leave the forum for months and then come back bitching about the way things are run. And then wonder why you get negative karma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:31 pm One comment on your 'rabbits in the forest' story, because you were being a 'whiny baby.'
Because you were!
Yes, I heard you on this the first time. It's your opinion and you're welcome to it. I'm sure a few people got a chuckle from your neg karma comment, as did I.
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:31 pm You leave the forum for months and then come back bitching about the way things are run. And then wonder why you get negative karma.
Me being away (for a couple of years, actually) and then coming back seems to be something that has annoyed both you and Digr equally. Yet it doesn't seem to have bothered others anywhere near as much, and I'm not sure why it's important to either of you. What you call "bitching about the way things are run" is actually my right as a member to make a comment, just like everyone else - and let's face it, many others were having a lot more to say than me, yet you didn't get your back up at them as much as you seemed to with me.

In all honesty I've been surprised over time to not have received more negative karma for my comments and opinions, and yet I've got reasonable numbers both now and before the system was taken down previously. So either I've missed something or it's just you and your mates Digr and EDC that have a problem.
EDC
Expatriate
Australia

Post by EDC »

StroppyChops wrote:I simply choose not to, Rozzie. Perhaps you'd like to give me negative karma and make bitchy comments for that, but that's my choice.
It seems you're likely concerned that more people will come forward to point out how unethical you're being in this situation.

Luckily it's OUR choice to call you on your bullshit and just maybe you should take the hint and crawl back under that rock from whence you recently slithered!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

EDC wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:10 pm
StroppyChops wrote:I simply choose not to, Rozzie. Perhaps you'd like to give me negative karma and make bitchy comments for that, but that's my choice.
It seems you're likely concerned that more people will come forward to point out how unethical you're being in this situation.

Luckily it's OUR choice to call you on your bullshit and just maybe you should take the hint and crawl back under that rock from whence you recently slithered!

Cheers
Cheers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic