CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
UKJ
Expatriate

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Post by UKJ »

Joon wrote: UKJ, you're basically asking me to censor myself. Nice.
No. You are spinning it again. I was giving suggestions, which included a book, as you claimed you were short of time. I now realize that your claim was inadjacent to the truth, and that you will even go as far as to individually message us to get us to stop talking about 440, and you were merely wriggling out of answering points that members put to you.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Hotdigr wrote:
Hotdigr wrote:
While I have quietly been agreeing with Richard and still do to a large extent, what OD said makes sense also. There are many other threads and no one is forcing you to follow this one. Its a bit like slowing down to gawk at a car crash though, most people just can't resist the temptation.
And for what its worth. I like Joon. She is a breath of fresh air. She gets attacked a lot, but doesn't back down from her beliefs and very rarely, if ever, makes a personal attack on others instead of attacks their argument ( which is the Golden Rule in debating. Make it personal and you have LOST, no argument about that at all). I think some of us ( myself included) could learn a bit from her attitude. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I'm not reading back through however many pages of this topic. But I think I was the first to praise Joon's attitude on this thread. I also agreed with Richard and OD and praised Chook man in another thread. So Soi, if thats me you are referring to with all your shit about preferential treatment for a woman then you can go and take a flying fuck at a helicopter mate. I show preference, or respect, to NO ONE and fuck you for suggesting otherwise if you did and if you did you are nothing but a sexist, bigoted prick. If not and I am confused, well I will be happy to apologise to you :thumb:
Edited to be more accurate ;-)
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Soi Dog wrote:LTO, I'm just pointing out the obvious, but something that everyone wants to deny.
You didn't point anything out. You asserted an analysis.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

LTO wrote:You seem to have some issues.
Reading through these last couple of pages and well... Soi Dog... I'm sort of going to have to agree with LTO here.

People were praising joon by and large for making such clear and thought out posts (even if i disagree with them at points) in a 3rd language. That's something praiseworthy... especially when many don't make as clear of posts in their 1st language. Not sure why you jumped on the "no, they're only doing it because they knew she was a woman" tirade... as there's really no call for it. Nor is there any evidence of it. I know, but I very frequently forget because over on 440 I DIDN'T know for almost a year... but posted in conversations with her and read her post enough that my mind has no permanently assumed she's male until I'm forced to think about it. Just how it goes I guess. I don't care the gender of someone I'm debating with, so long as they don't themselves use it as some bullshit cop out are argument why they have "special perspective". To me that is misandry, and equally intolerable to misogyny.

Nirvana was ALWAY doing it... every time you disagreed with her it was "because I'm a woman and you're a misogynist" or "you can't understand because you're a man" instead of "because we have differing opinions" and I got sick of it and tossed her on ignore. Never once have had that sort of shit out of Joon though. And I think based on that it's ALSO something praiseworthy.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

FFS this thread is getting stupid.

What's next -- a "Rate each poster contest"? Special Karma bonuses for the top 3 finalists? Adjusted by Race and Gender of course to meet the forum equivalent of EEO for forum compensation.

Joon is a decent poster but I agree with Soi Dog ----- is there any male poster on this board receiving so many accolades for their posting style?

This and the obsession with AiA here --- are people pandering to K440 posters now?
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Rain Dog wrote:What's next -- a "Rate each poster contest"?
Been done. It's a yearly event over at 440. If they do it here they should have a 'Most Overly Sensitive' category.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

LTO wrote:
Been done. It's a yearly event over at 440. If they do it here they should have a 'Most Overly Sensitive' category.
I am glad I managed to miss that.

Are not most forums largely inhabited by the "overly sensitive"?
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Rain Dog wrote:
LTO wrote:
I am glad I managed to miss that.

Are not most forums largely inhabited by the "overly sensitive"?
And the under appreciated. :roll:
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Rain Dog wrote:Joon is a decent poster but I agree with Soi Dog ----- is there any male poster on this board receiving so many accolades for their posting style?
I didn't get these commendations because I'm a woman but because I proved here and there that I put thoughts and care in my posting and that I don't resort to personal attacks or use my personal traits to make my point stronger. I'm not perfect and infallible, mind you, and it will happen that I cross a line, like calling some people "cunts" or "asses." I am no PC bleeding heart and when I do use swear words, I do mean them.
But I always do the exercise of reviewing my posts and think "would I say that if I didn't know this poster's history or personal traits?"
I hope that's something you understand and would practice yourself.

And FWIW, I have the utmost respect for LTO on both boards and I'm confident that he received praise on K440 along the years and that people on CEO are also glad to have him here.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

And " too busy to post " and " most patronizing to women / astonished that a woman can type and travel " categories. :-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic