Donald Trump says he doesn't want a 'poor person' in cabinet roles

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Should a poor person be allowed in a top economic government​ position?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 3
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Donald Trump says he doesn't want a 'poor person' in cabinet roles

Post by juansweetpotato »

What do you think? Should a 'poor' person be allowed a top economic position?

Time for another poll. I like them because they remind me of school trips to the science museum in London, where everyone got to press buttons.

I personally think, yes, they should because most wealthy politicians are nutters, and are totally detached from the reality of the everyday citizen they were elected to represent. Terrible decisions​ such as QE 1, 2 and 3 etc, where the only one's getting loans, are the one's that caused the reason for them in the first place.

Donald Trump says he doesn't want a 'poor person' in top economic cabinet roles

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... inet-roles

"President tells crowd during Iowa tour that economic adviser and commerce secretary had to give up a lot to work for him

"
Graham Russell and agencies
Thursday 22 June 2017 04.00 BST Last modified on Thursday 22 June 2017 04.05 BST

Donald Trump has said he doesn’t want “a poor person” to hold economic roles in his administration as he used an Iowa rally to defend his decision to appoint the wealthy to his cabinet.

The US president told a crowd on Wednesday night: “Somebody said why did you appoint a rich person to be in charge of the economy? No it’s true. And Wilbur’s [commerce secretary Wilbur Ross] a very rich person in charge of commerce. I said: ‘Because that’s the kind of thinking we want.’”

The president explained that Ross and his economic adviser Gary Cohn “had to give up a lot to take these jobs” and that Cohn in particular, a former president of Goldman Sachs, “went from massive pay days to peanuts”.

Trump added: “And I love all people, rich or poor, but in those particular positions I just don’t want a poor person. Does that make sense?”

He made the comments as he toured the state with agriculture secretary Sonny Perdue and Ross partly to celebrate a Republican congressional victory in Georgia being seen as an early referendum on his presidency.

--
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Donald Trump says he doesn't want a 'poor person' in cabinet roles

Post by juansweetpotato »

I can't believe this post got such a low read count. It wasn't one of my lame headlines - it was the Guardian's this time.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Why the surprise Juan? We're used to POTUS saying outrageously insensitive stupid things.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

juansweetpotato wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:57 pm I can't believe this post got such a low read count. It wasn't one of my lame headlines - it was the Guardian's this time.
You will only recieve quotidian replies from an audience much accustomed to banal drivia from the USA Big Cheeto Head.

drivia: a neoligism, a portmanteau.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic