Phnom Penh's Real Estate Market Shows Signs of Building Fatigue (Nikkei Asian Review)

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Phnom Penh's Real Estate Market Shows Signs of Building Fatigue (Nikkei Asian Review)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

James Hodge, associate director at property consultancy CBRE Cambodia, part of CBRE Group, said the building boom has been driven by "ample supplies of foreign capital, a lack of alternative asset classes for investment purposes and the attractive fundamentals of Cambodia's frontier economy, which indicate continued growth and development over the long term."

However, there are concerns that the property market may have peaked last year. CBRE said investment into approved construction projects reached $8.5 billion across 2,636 projects in 2016, an increase of 143% on 2015, which saw $3.5 billion invested in 2,305 projects.

http://asia.nikkei.com/Markets/Property ... ng-fatigue

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ceotroll
Tourist
Australia

Re: Phnom Penh's Real Estate Market Shows Signs of Building Fatigue (Nikkei Asian Review)

Post by ceotroll »

"However, there are concerns that the property market may have peaked last year" YOU THINK!!

I have to say that this falls under one of the most unsurprising headlines I've seen about the PP property market :D
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Phnom Penh's Real Estate Market Shows Signs of Building Fatigue (Nikkei Asian Review)

Post by Duncan »

I've noticed a big rise in shop houses and commercial properties up for rent lately.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

I wonder what, if any, difference the tightening of Chinese​ FI laws will have. I guess it's too soon for it to have had an effect yet?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Regularly, there are a couple of articles a month in news outlets about PP or Cambodia real estate.
One week it will be all positive - pseudo-advertising, buy now while its cheap - and then the week after, it's a forecast for catastrophe.
I read them both, but don't pay attention to either.
What will be will be. :popcorn:
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I think it's a fall-back line...hey, nothing's happening, and we've cut and pasted 99% from other papers already, what can we print?

'Just run that article we've used a thousand times and change the stats...'

OK, boss.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic