Anyone used a forwarding service for shipping?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Anyone used a forwarding service for shipping?

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Hi again everyone and, again, please forgive me if this is redundant.

I'll be moving to Cambodia from the United States in about four weeks, and a friend of mine who lives in Panama recommends using a service that forwards his shipping from U.S. sources for him, so that the source sees a domestic U.S. address.

I'm probably not explaining that very clearly, but the idea is that if he buys something in the U.S. on eBay (for instance), his address shows up as

Joe Blow
3131 Broward Boulevard, Dept 4175
Deerfield Beach, FL 33071

The recipient at this address then looks up "Dept 4175," and forwards his package to Panama for him, for a fee.

I found such a service to Cambodia -- it's called MyUS.com -- but the google reviews for them aren't great and seem to be deteriorating. Does anyone have any experience with such a service, either MyUS or a different one?

Again, sorry if this is (painfully-?) redundant.