A Khmer expression

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: A Khmer expression

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

taabarang wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:10 pm Jamie, Jamie I know. I explained the confusion a few posts back. Reread the thread and assume a bit more knowledge on my part.
i was just saying you might have heard this other expression as you was talking about raising your kids etc
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

StroppyChops wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:46 pm
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:31 pmYeah, I figured it was a bit of euphemism since it's employees listening to stroppy telling his wife to shut up. They might think he's a huge dick if they learned the direct translation! Still, I say shut up as well, so it's not always as strong as it sounds on paper.
Parrot, BKL, I was telling the parrot to shut up. Mrs Stroppy would beat me with a stick if I told her to shut up.
yep!
Using Tapatalk
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Mrs Stroppy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:42 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:46 pm Parrot, BKL, I was telling the parrot to shut up. Mrs Stroppy would beat me with a stick if I told her to shut up.
yep!
I'd pay to see that.

The Vanilla Gorilla gets his ass whupped by the Brunette Bomber.

While the parrot repeatedly asks..'Who's a pretty boy, then?'
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

vladimir wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:22 pm
Mrs Stroppy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:42 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:46 pm Parrot, BKL, I was telling the parrot to shut up. Mrs Stroppy would beat me with a stick if I told her to shut up.
yep!
I'd pay to see that.

The Vanilla Gorilla gets his ass whupped by the Brunette Bomber.

While the parrot repeatedly asks..'Who's a pretty boy, then?'
The parrot in question arrived with the ability to scream "WHAT THE FUCK!?" in context, so she'd probably go with that. Interestingly, she was adopted from another missionary family, so I'm guessing their teen aged son had a hobby while his parents were out of the house.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

LOL, those missionaries...during my gig at Limkokwing, I got to teach some Korean kids, all offspring of Korean missionaries.

So I'm teaching prepositions of place, and one of them gets to write about 'in'

And he writes on the board...

In Kim Jong Wun's... arsehole...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic