CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Post by Soi Dog »

Joon wrote:Nobody knew at the time that I am a woman, not even Nirvana. So I'm confident that CC is genuine in his appreciation of the discussion we had.
Actually, I find it offending that you, Soi Dog, would suggest this since I don't let my gender transpire in my posting. Nothing in CC's post suggests that he commended the quality of our exchange because we are women. The quality lied in the fact that we didn't engage in a pissing contest and we didn't resort to ad hominem arguments. A contrario, that actually just meant that male posters are seldom able to do that.
Joon, you can get as offended as you care to about what I write. I don't give a monkey's toss about who takes offense to what I say, and I offer you no special treatment. To do so would be the definition of sexism. Many others seem to think that giving you a pat on the head and basically saying "well done, little Joonie, you stood your ground there. :thumb: " is appropriate.

This is not really an issue about you, anyway. This is a wider topic. You were just the obvious, recent example. This is really about the men here or there who feel the need to support or stand up for you, knowing that you are a woman. So chivalrous. And sorry, they did know you were a woman when they praised you so flatteringly. Show me any male poster who gets such glowing praise so repeatedly and from so many members. Even Cowshed Cowboy saw this dilemma and quickly added phuketrichard to his kudos list to try to balance things out at the last minute.

I am not having a go at Joon or Cowshed Cowboy... I am just pointing out predictable human forum behavior that I find interesting. My point is, I fully expect reasonable, poignant and interesting posts from you. So no need whatsoever to point out when you do just that.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

:roll: Get over it Soi Dog :roll:
:roll: It's the 21st century :roll:
:roll: No need to make such a big deal about sex :roll:
:roll: Your entire argument is an ad-hominym :roll:
Scarier than malaria.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

And to get back on topic.....or is it back off topic? Damn, I don't know.

Anon7: $40 for the chook.

Very generous. I'll send it soon.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

General Mackevili wrote:And to get back on topic......
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Had no idea joon was female, or that ali baba was male for that matter. (I dont pay much attention really.) Completely missed the Nirvana thread. IMO Nirvana is just a chip-bearing windup and Joon is one of the more interesting posters on politics on the other board. Very level headed, well-considered posts. After the first couple of exchanges I have always tried to take care when responding to joon because I know she reads carefully, and if she responds, it will be relevant, reasonable and often insightful. Easy to stick ones foot in mouth if not careful. Haven't read much of her stuff here though.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

LTO wrote:Had no idea joon was female, or that ali baba was male for that matter. (I dont pay much attention really.) Completely missed the Nirvana thread. IMO Nirvana is just a chip-bearing windup and Joon is one of the more interesting posters on politics on the other board. Very level headed, well-considered posts. After the first couple of exchanges I have always tried to take care when responding to joon because I know she reads carefully, and if she responds, it will be relevant, reasonable and often insightful. Easy to stick ones foot in mouth if not careful. Haven't read much of her stuff here though.
And now that you DO know she is female, you felt the need to speak up and praise her posting abilities. Well done. :hattip:
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

You seem to have some issues.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

LTO wrote:You seem to have some issues.
You see ali baba...not THAT is an example of an ad hominem attack.

LTO, I'm just pointing out the obvious, but something that everyone wants to deny. I think it's an interesting topic, even if you don't.
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

I don't remember much about soi dog from the past.

Perhaps I recall that he was always full of misogyny though? Nasty.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Tim Linkinwater wrote:I don't remember much about soi dog from the past.

Perhaps I recall that he was always full of misogyny though? Nasty.
Okay, perhaps you remember that, but you kinda really don't remember much? Example please....or shut the fuck up, coward.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic