How long have you lived in Cambodia? Poll.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

How Long have you been in Cambodia? Poll

Poll ended at Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:13 am

1. I don't live in Cambodia just now.
11%
2. 0-1 month
No votes
3. 1-6 months
No votes
4. 6-12 months
3%
5. 1-3 years
19%
6. 3-5 years
11%
7. 5-10 years
31%
8. 10-15 years
11%
9. 15-20 years
14%

Total votes: 36
ali baba
Expatriate

Re: How long have you lived in Cambodia? Poll.

Post by ali baba »

6 years and counting.
I intend to stay forever.
Scarier than malaria.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Ashamed today that I can only add 14 years of continuous residency, when I knew I was hooked long before that on Thailand, Myanmar and Laos. Some obscure reason kept me out of Cambodia as a tourist in the 90's (while I had documented and written university assignments on the country already) but from the very first day I stepped in, I knew this was my adoptive new home.

Consolation prize for these light sorrows is to have had the chance of a glance of what it was like during the earlier wild days, which in my book were definitely gone around 2003.
dan1el
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dan1el »

2 years , 2 months and 15 days.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

I have been spending a couple of months per year in Cambo for about 15 years ... but only moved for good last december - with frequent business trips back to Europe though.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

My one year anniversary in two weeks --- although I voted 1-3 years
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic