CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Post by flying chicken »

Dont get me wrong, I like woman who likes saying cunt too, Tim. Many years ago while I was working in Korea, when I dumped one my Korean girlfriends she called the cop saying that I smoke weed....I ended up being grilled, interrogated and locked up for 2 days (and got fired from my job too) until blood test is returned. When the blood test returned from the lab, the big boss cop grin and said "you good man you clean." I dont like trouble, but trouble always find me wherever I go. And I still like women, even the nasty ones.

I just dont the AiA's style; when put on the spot the typical excuse will be like 'I got no time for the like of you.' Joon is a fine example in this case.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

OrangeDragon wrote:
EdinWigan wrote: The English sense of humour
As real as the Tooth Fairy, unicorns, Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny.

See :thumb:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

EdinWigan wrote:I do not care a jot about Joon's gender, in fact I would think it patronising to do so. IF, and it is only an IF, I was to cut someone a little slack, it would be that they are posting in their second language, male or female. To post, with an obvious full command, not only of the language but of the complexity of the humour, on a forum with many different Western senses of humour demonstrates a much stronger higher level of understanding and therefore commands a higher level of respect, in my humble eyes, than gender.

The English sense of humour, for example, is a complex thing that many fail to grasp, look at the Americans, they need to remake (Dumb Down) every quality comedy we ever make.

:hattip:
I believe you'll find English is Joon's third language, so absolute kudos to her.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

StroppyChops wrote:
EdinWigan wrote:I do not care a jot about Joon's gender, in fact I would think it patronising to do so. IF, and it is only an IF, I was to cut someone a little slack, it would be that they are posting in their second language, male or female. To post, with an obvious full command, not only of the language but of the complexity of the humour, on a forum with many different Western senses of humour demonstrates a much stronger higher level of understanding and therefore commands a higher level of respect, in my humble eyes, than gender.

The English sense of humour, for example, is a complex thing that many fail to grasp, look at the Americans, they need to remake (Dumb Down) every quality comedy we ever make.

:hattip:
I believe you'll find English is Joon's third language, so absolute kudos to her.
Totally, :thumb:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

General Mackevili wrote:Yeah, I was being overly harsh. For effect, you know?

But even he mentions us, Scobie mentions us, AiA mentions us, etc.

So, it's not like he has some rule about it, he just deletes and bans people that seem to publicly favour us, or even hint at it, here or there, so you're smart to come on here and say these things if you fear being banned from K440.
At this rate, I think we should merge backstabbers.inc with frontstabbers.inc

It seems to be what everybody wants. :lol:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

I like K440, I like AiA, I like KIR, I like G Mac, I like Joon, I like CEO............ :beer1:
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Soi Dog wrote:
Cowshed Cowboy wrote:I think Joon's an excellent poster personally, her joust with Nirvana on 440 was one of the best I followed there or here this year, so I am glad she is over here and standing her ground under quite heavy attack. She's polite and humorous, hang in there Joon. :thumb:
If nobody knew they were female, would either Nirvana's or Joon's posts get any special recognition on either forum? Would you be giving such kudos for just another dude's posts, one whom you don't know anything about? Of course everyone will be answering "definitely, yes" to that question publicly...but do they really believe it?

Isn't giving female posters special praise for their posts a bit insulting to them...as if good posts weren't particularly expected of them?
Women are underrepresented on most forums so they tend to stand out. Joon only came out of the closet recently so people's response to her presence on 440 cannot be written off as sexist.
Scarier than malaria.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Soi Dog wrote:
Cowshed Cowboy wrote:I think Joon's an excellent poster personally, her joust with Nirvana on 440 was one of the best I followed there or here this year, so I am glad she is over here and standing her ground under quite heavy attack. She's polite and humorous, hang in there Joon. :thumb:
If nobody knew they were female, would either Nirvana's or Joon's posts get any special recognition on either forum? Would you be giving such kudos for just another dude's posts, one whom you don't know anything about? Of course everyone will be answering "definitely, yes" to that question publicly...but do they really believe it?

Isn't giving female posters special praise for their posts a bit insulting to them...as if good posts weren't particularly expected of them?
Ha Ha, I was very conscious when I was posting that it would be misconstrued that that old chesnut would be levelled at me by some people and edited it hoping that wouldn't be the case, I obviously failed. More importantly for me was that it was taken that way by Joon. and as mentioned I previously had no idea of gender long before I thought Joon was a good poster on K440. I give not a jot what sex a poster is believe me.

Just to balance the issue amongst the doubters I guess I should also have said don't stop posting in the Thai section Phuket Richard as you mentioned in this thread because you are continually under attack from Soi Dog, Orange Dragon, UKJ and ocassionaly myself. I hope that's not patronising it's not meant to be. I don't want to see who I regard as good contributors, regardless of whether I I agree with them or not, disappear or not post because they feel they are continually attacked and I thought I detected a bit of frustration from Joon in this thread that's all, nothing more nothing less.

Wasn't ducking a reply just a different time zone at the moment.

oc
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

What a fuss about about the fact a woman has posted lol. Were you guys all conceived in a test tube and live in monastery! She would probably get less of a weird response in a long term prison. Probably a hangover from the weird 440 ways. Like when you criticized a womans front page piece, you were called sexist!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I predict there will shortly be a discussion on whether Joon is a true geek or not. Sigh. Some aspects of fora are universal.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic