French Embassy in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Claim You Need To Make $2,500 a Month To Marry a Cambodian ONLY IF You're Over 50

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: French Embassy in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Claim You Need To Make $2,500 a Month To Marry a Cambodian ONLY IF You're Ove

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

haha well obviously, i was just meaning under Cambodian Law, in Cambodia :) i should have probably wrote more in my OP lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: French Embassy in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Claim You Need To Make $2,500 a Month To Marry a Cambodian ONLY IF You're Ove

Post by willyhilly »

Cripes Richard, how many wives have you got?
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

I guess because I'm 49 already, I just think this law is ridiculous. Who cares how old you are? So if I'm 50 and I want to marry a 48-year-old Khmer woman I can't? The law makes no since at all.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

willyhilly wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:30 pm Cripes Richard, how many wives have you got?
PAST TENSE, stick with live in GF now :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
eriksank
Expatriate

Post by eriksank »

Ronny wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:40 pm... I just think this law is ridiculous...
So true. But then again, in one way or another, all man-made law is ridiculous. The law can only be derived from a very consistent axiomatic basis. It is seriously hard to do that. It is the same method as deriving proof for a math theorem. Every other way of discovering law, is faulty. What they are doing here, just amounts to a bunch of ignorant idiots trying to impose their stupidity onto others.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

eriksank wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:49 am
Ronny wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:40 pm... I just think this law is ridiculous...
So true. But then again, in one way or another, all man-made law is ridiculous. The law can only be derived from a very consistent axiomatic basis. It is seriously hard to do that. It is the same method as deriving proof for a math theorem. Every other way of discovering law, is faulty. What they are doing here, just amounts to a bunch of ignorant idiots trying to impose their stupidity onto others.
you could say the same about religion too... :roll:
eriksank
Expatriate

Post by eriksank »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:30 pmyou could say the same about religion too... :roll:
Religion is not man-made. It is rather discovered by some people who are quite talented in listening into that kind of stream of consciousness. In religious lingo, they are called messengers of God. If it doesn't work, it just fizzles out. We are sitting on a history of lots of abandoned religions. The ones that still exist today, have simply earned their place. You cannot say that of recently invented, ever-changing man-made law.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"Religion is not man-made. It is rather discovered by some people who are quite talented in listening into that kind of stream of consciousness. In religious lingo, they are called messengers of God."

And how would you prove that empirically? It sea to me that at certain points your rational approach to societal problems and theology lapses into mysticism.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

taabarang, I don't buy into that. All organized religions are man-made and they are corrupt. Belief in G*d (aka A Supreme Being), for me, is a whole other matter. I can belief in G*d and never set foot in a Buddhist temple, a synagogue, a church, a mosque or whatever and still believe in G*d and live a spiritual life. It's only when people start listening to these so-called "messenger" is when the trouble begins.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

eriksank wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:28 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:30 pmyou could say the same about religion too... :roll:
Religion is not man-made. It is rather discovered by some people who are quite talented in listening into that kind of stream of consciousness. In religious lingo, they are called messengers of God. If it doesn't work, it just fizzles out. We are sitting on a history of lots of abandoned religions. The ones that still exist today, have simply earned their place. You cannot say that of recently invented, ever-changing man-made law.
fuck off mate lol
Religion is Man made... the Bible/Quran is a man made book, written in a man made language, preached by man, if it wasnt made by man, how come man lived long before the first Bible/Quran were ever written? lol delusional
there are some truths behind a lot of religions, based on certain men(prophets) and their journeys, sure, but the religion its self is man made
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic