housing/ supermarkets near embassy of Japan/ thai embassy

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

housing/ supermarkets near embassy of Japan/ thai embassy

Post by BklynBoy »

Anybody familiar w/ the area by embassy of Japan and Thai embassy?

I know its not too far from Aeon Mall but what is the housing like-- specifically closer to Embassy of Japan and Thai embassy
Appreciate any info.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Re: housing/ supermarkets near embassy of Japan/ thai embassy

Post by rogerrabbit »

BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:25 am Anybody familiar w/ the area by embassy of Japan and Thai embassy?

I know its not too far from Aeon Mall but what is the housing like-- specifically closer to Embassy of Japan and Thai embassy
Appreciate any info.
What type of housing you are looking? What's your budget? It's a good neighbourhood. Lot of rich locals lives in that area. There are few new condos and a gated community next to the embassies. There is Lucky supermarket at Rose condo and then Aeon is second closest. Couple smaller convenience stores close by too.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

rogerrabbit wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:06 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:25 am Anybody familiar w/ the area by embassy of Japan and Thai embassy?

Appreciate any info.
What type of housing you are looking? What's your budget? It's a good neighbourhood. Lot of rich locals lives in that area. There are few new condos and a gated community next to the embassies. There is Lucky supermarket at Rose condo and then Aeon is second closest. Couple smaller convenience stores close by too.
damn.. didn't want/ need a gated community.. wanted to pay approx 250-300 per month.. thanks for info.... it will be best to obviously be there and see for myself... i was just trying to live closer to Southbridge ( school) w/ out going to far... unsure if that makes sense

thanks
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Appreciate any info.
damn.. didn't want/ need a gated community.. wanted to pay approx 250-300 per month.. thanks for info.... it will be best to obviously be there and see for myself... i was just trying to live closer to Southbridge ( school) w/ out going to far... unsure if that makes sense

thanks
There are apartments that are not inside the gated community. Other side of the big road, Norodom Boulevard, for example should have some. Not sure about the rents there though. That area is kind of "little tokyo". But yeah, best to come and see yourself.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

rogerrabbit wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:42 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Appreciate any info.

thanks
There are apartments that are not inside the gated community. Other side of the big road, Norodom Boulevard, for example should have some. Not sure about the rents there though. That area is kind of "little tokyo". But yeah, best to come and see yourself.

thanks....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic