19 Year Old British Backpacker Harry Corbett Described As an "Incredible Bloke" Found Hanged in Vietnam

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: 19 Year Old British Backpacker Harry Corbett Described As an "Incredible Bloke" Found Hanged in Vietnam

Post by StroppyChops »

hatchelt wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:04 pm...but I'm totally getting a selfie outside a shop called Super Duper!
I have memory issues after a medical event some years ago, and for some reason remembered Super Duper as Piggly Wiggly (from the book/movie The Help) and for the longest time could only recall it as such. Mrs Stroppy just learned to equate what I was saying to what I meant, and went with it. It was easier that way.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: 19 Year Old British Backpacker Harry Corbett Described As an "Incredible Bloke" Found Hanged in Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I remember many, many moons ago Swan Lager was available in B.C. Canada. I thought it was great beer.

P.S. Alcohol is a drug.
You could be next.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:07 pm I remember many, many moons ago Swan Lager was available in B.C. Canada. I thought it was great beer.

P.S. Alcohol is a drug.
Swan Gold was pretty reasonable too, but it was back in the days when light beer wasn't considered real beer.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Swan was for the success aspiring white collar workers.

Emu was for the working classes.

AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm
I have memory issues after a medical event some years ago, and for some reason remembered Super Duper as Piggly Wiggly (from the book/movie The Help) and for the longest time could only recall it as such. Mrs Stroppy just learned to equate what I was saying to what I meant, and went with it. It was easier that way.
My wife can never say "Duper", so she would just say "Super Doo". "Du" in Vietnamese means "fuck" so now she calls the store "Super Fuck" because she thinks it's funny.
-insert signature here
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

AE86 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:31 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm
My wife can never say "Duper", so she just says "Super Doo" which means "Super Fuck" in Vietnamese.
kek
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic