Cambodia's dollarization; Help or handicap ?

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Cambodia's dollarization; Help or handicap ?

Post by vladimir »

Not only are they not going anywhere, in most regions they are getting more entrenched, imo.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

If by most you mean all, then yes, I agree.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
eriksank
Expatriate

Post by eriksank »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:59 pmEveryday more legislation is passed so it's not like governments are going anywhere.
The problem with the practice of inventing man-made law is that it is highly incompatible with Islam. As soon as 15% of the population is Muslim, the practice comes to a screeching halt. Man-made law then becomes unenforceable. Furthermore, they kind of sniff the opportunity to shut down man-made law somewhere. They detect that an area is governed by invented man-made law, and then they immigrate there, and then end up hitting the magical 15%, and then put a full stop to the practice.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Hello, Eric's posting in the nude again.
I'm not sure about all that, but I do agree with the possibility of the banks going down. Again.

It really is amazing how fast crypto currency has taken a large bite out of the traditional money markets - in just nine years.
Even some banks have been forced into dealing with them. 2 to 3% on traditional transaction methods compared with 0 to 1% on crypto currency. People are getting in there fast. The US government is worried, and not about it being used for crime or war. Lol
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

The biggest problem for Cambodians using only the riel , if dollars are phased out, will be knowing where to put the comma and the dot.

House for sell ,,,,,, 1000000000 R
Spoiler:
$250,000
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

juansweetpotato wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:30 am Hello, Eric's posting in the nude again.
I'm not sure about all that, but I do agree with the possibility of the banks going down. Again.

It really is amazing how fast crypto currency has taken a large bite out of the traditional money markets - in just nine years.
Even some banks have been forced into dealing with them. 2 to 3% on traditional transaction methods compared with 0 to 1% on crypto currency. People are getting in there fast. The US government is worried, and not about it being used for crime or war. Lol

"Even some banks have been forced into dealing with them.

Do tell. What banks & how are they ''dealing'' with them. As an exchange?
Evidence of central banks worrying?
Details please. Very interesting.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Luigi wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:26 pm
juansweetpotato wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:30 am Hello, Eric's posting in the nude again.

"Even some banks have been forced into dealing with them.

Do tell. What banks & how are they ''dealing'' with them. As an exchange?
Evidence of central banks worrying?
Details please. Very interesting.
I'm just working my way through it after Eric sparked my interest again.
I realised I had set up an account in 2009, they even gave me a free coin or two iirc. Fuck knows what the account name was, and I've def lost my keys to it now anyway.
I'll try and dig up a link for you later. But Eric is the expert.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

a country currency is based on that country ability to back up their currency, i.e. gold, natural resources, strong economy, good government to say the least, these idiots at MEF trying to push riel? good luck trying to sell that ludicrous dream on the international market, when nobody wants to trade your money, you are as good as banana notes :bow: , what a bunch of idiots
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

bolueeleh wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:18 pm a country currency is based on that country ability to back up their currency, i.e. gold, natural resources, strong economy, good government to say the least, these idiots at MEF trying to push riel? good luck trying to sell that ludicrous dream on the international market, when nobody wants to trade your money, you are as good as banana notes :bow: , what a bunch of idiots
Better start thinking of pulling your money out of MFIs, and putting it into crypto currency. I heard a rumour that the CNRP intend to have foreign investors paid in 100 riel notes. :stir:
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

juansweetpotato wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:49 am Better start thinking of pulling your money out of MFIs, and putting it into crypto currency. I heard a rumour that the CNRP intend to have foreign investors paid in 100 riel notes. :stir:
And only the small matter of winning an election stands in their way...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic