Boeung Tompun

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Boeung Tompun

Post by vladimir »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:55 am a troll too far.
another one bites the dust.
I think this forum doesn't take the possibility that it's being deliberately screwed with seriously.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

vladimir wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:30 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:55 am a troll too far.
another one bites the dust.
I think this forum doesn't take the possibility that it's being deliberately screwed with seriously.
Who's screwing who? We're quite happy that bkktrapper has discovered that Boeung Tompun is a province in Steung Meanchey*.

* I read it otof this morning before it was deleted. :plus1:
narnett06
Tourist
United States of America

Post by narnett06 »

How long would the average tuk tuk trip take around to other neighborhoods in PP like riverside, toul kork, airport.....ect
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I've lived in Boeung Tumpun for about 7 years, first near the Monivong Bridge and for the last few nearer the Khmer-Soviet Hospital. I like it around here but it's not so good for western conveniences late in the evening. However it is very quiet at night.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

AE86 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:51 pm
Username Taken wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:24 pm ^^^ Same road as Central (271) and on the same side as central. Almost opposite the Sports Club. It has quite a small frontage.
Alright, I'll try again tomorrow, maybe put my glasses on this time :geek:
Found it, there's a damn tree in the way of my line of sight so I never saw it through the car window as I drove passed. Granted I also don't drive 5km/h like many Khmer do when looking for something.

Not a bad place, almost nothing in terms of Korean and Japanese stuff but that's okay.
-insert signature here
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

I lived on 13bt for 3 years. Was ok. Cheap, quiet. Lots of jaos around, and regularly flooded quite deep.

I worked on 271, so it was convenient. Now I work near chaktomuk so doubt I would live down there now as the commute across the city would be too frustrating.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

271 is getting very bad after 7:30 am on weekdays.

The whistling clown traffic persons and stupidly-placed barriers, combined with the worst-placed traffic light in the city don't make things any better.

Add a dash of selfishness, building rubble on main roads, and clowns driving in the wrong direction, and voila!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

We vacated one specific place on 10BT that has been on the market ever since (because the landlord is a thievin... never mind) - so if you get shown a place on 10BT, in a block of about 8 three-story houses all with a communal common area, PM me for more information to make sure it's not the same place.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

wax doll and needles needed...
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

It was a pretty miserable ride from the airport to around Super Duper. What a mess along 2004, 271 and onto 430 to get to 155 yesterday. I always try to arrive on a weekend day but it didn't seem to matter. Choked with traffic on 2004, potholes, mud and broken asphalt. 430 looked like a post-war scene. Seems like it was the same or maybe worse since 2011 when I lived here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic