Tio Tico, Mexican, Sihanoukville

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Tio Tico, Mexican, Sihanoukville

Post by cptrelentless »

Tio Tico
Tex-Mex Restaurant
St 500 Occheuteal Rd, Sinville
I guess they have a phone, plus there's a breakfast menu so I guess it's 8 til 9

Much debated new restaurant in Sihanoukville.

Synopsis - nice but bland 3/5

Not really a restaurant dinner menu, it's tacos, fajitas, burgers and tortillas. Everything comes in a paper wrap which seems superfluous if you're sitting down to eat. I had a steak fajita which just tasted of refried beans, really. I could just about taste the peppers but that was it, I've had tastier packet fajita mix. No coriander or paprika, nor any chilli. Wife and daughter had a burger, fairly dense patty which daughter didn't like but once again didn't taste of much. Way too much shitty ketchup on daughter's. Onion rings were fantastic, though. Nothing comes as a main so you need to order sides.

Overall better than average for Paradise-sur-mer but on an international scale not up to snuff.
Luigi
Expatriate

Re: Tio Tico, Mexican, Sihanoukville

Post by Luigi »

Nothing says Mexican food like onion rings & burgers.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

I've had the chicken enchiladas here, not bad, 3.5/5. Came with mexi rice and refried beans, which I would consider a 'main'. You can get most dishes as a main, burger with fries and coke, dishes with ref. beans and rice, etc. Also lots of sauces available to spice up your dish if so inclined. Nothing special all around but what is in SHV?
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I only saw Salsa as an option for spicy, the menu was pretty spartan. The onions came with "French Dressing" which I guess is a euphemism for salad cream and chives. That didn't taste of much, either. I am a smoker, so read into that what you will. I guess I'll stick to pretend Mexican, Old El Paso seems authentic to me... Oh and it's 10 bucks minimum for delivery but they do deliver. It's where the Belgian place used to be two doors down from the Scoop (ask a child), so there is a wall outside with pictures of Belgian beers on it, and the layout is super fucked up for a restaurant as there's too many bars and no room for tables.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic