Is it ok to just build a restaurant on your roof ?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Is it ok to just build a restaurant on your roof ?

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A group of 20 people living in an apartment building in Phnom Penh’s Daun Penh district have filed a civil complaint against a businessman who plans to open a restaurant on the rooftop of the property.

The residents of the building in Sras Chak commune say the restaurant will disturb their way of life.
Chun Sophal, one of the complainants, said he is worried about noise and security issues. He said he and other residents had asked for the construction to stop, but were ignored.
“We will not be able to sleep because of noise from the restaurant,” Mr Sophal said.

“We asked Sras Chak commune chief Chhay Thearith to find a solution but he said we would have to deal with the new commune chief, which just shows why people did not vote for him.”

Chim Sarim, 54, another resident of the building since 1980, said they had asked local authorities to stop the construction to no avail.
“If they open the restaurant on the top floor, it will be noisy and affect our security,” Ms Sarim said.

Workers were continuing to construct the restaurant yesterday, but refused to comment on the development.
Yoeun Pechdararith, owner of house #124E2 on the second floor, is behind the project. He said the business will sell traditional Khmer food and some Vietnamese dishes.
“It will not impact upon other residents. It is just a temporary construction on top of my house. I think it will create jobs for residents’ children,” Mr Pechdararith said. “I have permission from the commune chief already. It will be open from 11am to 9pm. It is not a bar.”
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/39175/ ... heir-roof/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: Is it ok to just build a restaurant on your roof ?

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Sure... if you pay off the commune chief and plan to use child labour.
You could be next.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

“It will not impact upon other residents. It is just a temporary construction on top of my house." :lol:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

restaurant, helipad, ballistic missile launcher.
you own the air above your home as high as you can build.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Kuroneko wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:06 pm “It will not impact upon other residents. It is just a temporary construction on top of my house." :lol:
frank lee bent wrote: restaurant, helipad, ballistic missile launcher.
you own the air above your home as high as you can build.

I have a book on The 2001 Cambodian Property Law ,, which states that it is illegal to add another one floor , two floors or ten floors on top of your floor as it will affect the foundation of the building and ''common'' interests of the other property owners.. Eg ,, There is probably only one sewer connection from the building to the road. , And if the owner of the top floor decided to sell the ''temporary restaurant '' to Srey Mom,, and Srey Mom built a ''temporary '' accommodation on top of that and ??? . Common sense really,, but this is Cambodia isn't it.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

dam- you know srey mom? i would advise you to tread very cautiously as she got 2 blocks of land with houses from me by very little effort on her part.
said her new baby was my koan but that chinese bear hair at birth made me finally see my own error.
plus i can count and there ain't many babies that take 11 months to cook.
true story bros.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:01 pm dam- you know srey mom? i would advise you to tread very cautiously as she got 2 blocks of land with houses

from me by very little effort on her part.

said her new baby was my koan but that chinese bear hair at birth made me finally see my own error.
plus i can count and there ain't many babies that take 11 months to cook.
true story bros.

If you had told me, I might not have believed you, but there it is ,, written in black and white.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic