Notorious Pedophile Tony Munro Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children in Adelaide

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Notorious Pedophile Mr X Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children in Adelaide,

Post by Username Taken »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:18 pm From today's Daily,

"The 71-year-old Australian man, . . . . . has also been under investigation in Siem Reap province for two years over claims that he sexually abused at least two boys there, according to Samleang Seila, country director of anti-pedophile NGO Action Pour Les Enfants (APLE).
. . . . Two Cambodian boys have accused the man of abusing them, he said, while other potential victims are still being interviewed."

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/siem ... se-115844/
The above suggests that Aple were investigating him. Perhaps weazel could contact Aple > > http://aplecambodia.org/
BRAT17
Expatriate

Re: Notorious Pedophile Tony Munro Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children in Adel

Post by BRAT17 »

Munro claims he has not offended since 1990... if that seems absurd to anyone else and you can prove so, it's not too late
BRAT17
Expatriate

Re: Notorious Pedophile Tony Munro Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children in Adel

Post by BRAT17 »

Investigative Journo Bryan Littlely here btw
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

BRAT17 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:11 pm Munro claims he has not offended since 1990... if that seems absurd to anyone else and you can prove so, it's not too late
Right, so why not contact Aple and do some investigative journalism and nail this wanker.
weazel
Expatriate
Australia

Post by weazel »

Another good article by Janelle Retka https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/siem ... cy-131126/
in the Cambodia Daily today.
BRAT17
Expatriate

Post by BRAT17 »

APLE have been consulted and requested to act and provide information throughout and have supported clsims. More assertive responses would be more helpful however.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Thanks so much for the updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I think this bastard is involved in the Beaumonts disappearance.
weazel
Expatriate
Australia

Post by weazel »

Thanks to whoever contacted APLE. I've also contacted the organisation. As far as I'm concerned, once a paedophile, always a paedophile. The longer the sentence, the less children will be abused. I'm hoping Munro receives a lengthy sentence, even if he does find it 'crushing'. If he genuinely wanted to stop offending then he would welcome jail time. It's the only way he can definitely avoid being around children. Why any convicted paedophile would think it wise to fund orphanages baffles me. Even with the best of intentions it would always seem extremely dodgy. I know the culture in Cambodia is different to Australia, but seriously?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Notorious Pedophile Tony Munro Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children in Adelaide

Post by rozzieoz »

Sociopaths don't think about consequences, the do what feels good in the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic