Lady in China Ran Over TWICE And Bystanders Do NOTHING (VIDEO)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
peppermintpaddy
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Lady in China Ran Over TWICE And Bystanders Do NOTHING (VIDEO)

Post by peppermintpaddy »

I'm shocked, I don't care if this is racist-the chinese are a cruel shower of cunts......absolutely no humanity in them (it seems)...I have been to China ,and the people i found (the older ones)incredibly bad mannered and rude-the young ones do seem to be of a completely different midset,very friendly and full of fun.....Just a thought,this world is a shitty enough place with the yanks running it,wait til the Chinks get the whip hand...
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Chinese... Lovely people aren't they? I do think they have a weird mentality when in big groups or in public. Like those tour buses. I've been told that anyone who isn't directly related to you is kind of seen like shit to everyone else while outside. Probably emerged given the huge population and lack of privacy.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

^^I think it has to do with the threat of the "lone shark" in the crowd of generally nice people. This applies anywhere, not just China, although I'll admit I've not had many good encounters with mainland Chinese people.

If all the fish and sharks look alike, no one can trust anyone implicitly. I've seen the same mentality in Japan, especially Tokyo and Osaka. While I've never seen anyone or even heard of anyone get runover and left for dead in Japan, I have seen my share of misfortunes where people are left to fend for themselves. i.e. falling down, dropping things, getting in an accident etc. whereas where I am from (a small town with one traffic light), everyone watches for each other like family, giving each other rides to the market, sharing harvests from a farm, helping with misc tasks around each other's homes etc.

Same went for where I lived in the U.S. Small towns were the most friendly (after you got to know them) at first, whereas big cities it was everyone for themselves. Living in L.A. was a big reason I believe big cities are evil and horrible places for humans to live in.
-insert signature here
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

AE86 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:14 am ^^I think it has to do with the threat of the "lone shark" in the crowd of generally nice people. This applies anywhere, not just China, although I'll admit I've not had many good encounters with mainland Chinese people.

If all the fish and sharks look alike, no one can trust anyone implicitly. I've seen the same mentality in Japan, especially Tokyo and Osaka. While I've never seen anyone or even heard of anyone get runover and left for dead in Japan, I have seen my share of misfortunes where people are left to fend for themselves. i.e. falling down, dropping things, getting in an accident etc. whereas where I am from (a small town with one traffic light), everyone watches for each other like family, giving each other rides to the market, sharing harvests from a farm, helping with misc tasks around each other's homes etc.

Same went for where I lived in the U.S. Small towns were the most friendly (after you got to know them) at first, whereas big cities it was everyone for themselves. Living in L.A. was a big reason I believe big cities are evil and horrible places for humans to live in.

Dont worry, in the year 3017 they will be saying the same thing about planet Earth. Hey man, I once lived on the planet Earth and it was like ?????
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic