Another Homeless Brit on Riverside in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Claiming To Have Lost Passport, Money, Etc (VIDEO)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Another Homeless Brit on Riverside in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Claiming To Have Lost Passport, Money, Etc (VIDEO)

Post by General Mackevili »

Well, he sounds British. Telling locals he needs money and the police won't help him.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Another Homeless Brit on Riverside in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Claiming To Have Lost Passport, Money, Etc (VIDEO)

Post by epidemiks »

He should get in touch with the British consular office at www.gofundme.com
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Another Homeless Brit on Riverside in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Claiming To Have Lost Passport, Money, Etc (VIDEO)

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:07 pmWell, he sounds British. Telling locals he needs money and the police won't help him.
The police won't help him ... what, exactly?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:17 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:07 pmWell, he sounds British. Telling locals he needs money and the police won't help him.
The police won't help him ... what, exactly?
Well I think he said that he was robbed on the riverside and lost his money and passport and now the police won't help him. The part about the cops sounds plausible...
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

For some reason you see very few of these homeless Western tourist types anywhere else. SEA seems to attract them like flies to shit, so sadly I'm always a bit cautious about their spin on the story.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:41 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:17 pm The police won't help him ... what, exactly?
Well I think he said that he was robbed on the riverside and lost his money and passport and now the police won't help him. The part about the cops sounds plausible...
Ah, okay - I missed that entirely. Poor bugger doesn't look like a career bum. My father had PTSD issues and chose to spend a lot of his life like that - bit of a trigger for me.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:53 pm For some reason you see very few of these homeless Western tourist types anywhere else. SEA seems to attract them like flies to shit, so sadly I'm always a bit cautious about their spin on the story.
I wonder if any part of that is because there are other/better mechanisms for caring for people in difficult circumstances elsewhere.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

If anyone happens to run into him again ask him if he wants help connecting with his embassy - I can't give him cash but I'll give him some advocacy and see if we can't get him some help.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

epidemiks wrote:He should get in touch with the British consular office at www.gofundme.com
Hahaha!

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

StroppyChops wrote:If anyone happens to run into him again ask him if he wants help connecting with his embassy - I can't give him cash but I'll give him some advocacy and see if we can't get him some help.
I don't think the fucker needs any help! He is doing exactly what he wants, and succeeding.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:17 pm
StroppyChops wrote:If anyone happens to run into him again ask him if he wants help connecting with his embassy - I can't give him cash but I'll give him some advocacy and see if we can't get him some help.
I don't think the fucker needs any help! He is doing exactly what he wants, and succeeding.
Yep, that's why I said "ask."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic