Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
aussieexpat1068
Tourist
Australia

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by aussieexpat1068 »

Thanks to all for the "Welcome's".

Wow. Urban Dictionary sure has a unique description of "Gas bagging" which couldn't be further than the truth when speaking about Australian slang. Who ever the author of such a definition, sure had time on his hands and his hand on something else that would be attached to the definition if you were to believe it.

"Gas bagging" in Aussie slang is simply talking amongst friends or in some other circles similar to "Shooting the breeze". It's originality is unknown but it has no other meaning. So in reply to one post suggesting we love doing it, I can only say thanks for the compliment even if your were possibly insinuating something else.

As for the flag. It's the Eureka Flag which was born from a part of early Australian history associated with the Eureka Stockade. It is generally recognized as Australia's first flag beneath the then imposed Union Jack and often symbolizes a continued dislike against the collective tyranny of the then and now reigning powers to be. Australian MC's, Unions and individuals frequently use it now to continue to display their dislike to hidden corruption or simply everyday constrictive laws such as licensing and taxes which is where it all stemmed from on Australia's gold fields back in the 1800's.

Cheers
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

aussieexpat1068 wrote:Thanks to all for the "Welcome's".

Wow. Urban Dictionary sure has a unique description of "Gas bagging" which couldn't be further than the truth when speaking about Australian slang. Who ever the author of such a definition, sure had time on his hands and his hand on something else that would be attached to the definition if you were to believe it.

"Gas bagging" in Aussie slang is simply talking amongst friends or in some other circles similar to "Shooting the breeze". It's originality is unknown but it has no other meaning. So in reply to one post suggesting we love doing it, I can only say thanks for the compliment even if your were possibly insinuating something else.

As for the flag. It's the Eureka Flag which was born from a part of early Australian history associated with the Eureka Stockade. It is generally recognized as Australia's first flag beneath the then imposed Union Jack and often symbolizes a continued dislike against the collective tyranny of the then and now reigning powers to be. Australian MC's, Unions and individuals frequently use it now to continue to display their dislike to hidden corruption or simply everyday constrictive laws such as licensing and taxes which is where it all stemmed from on Australia's gold fields back in the 1800's.

Cheers
Unfortunately, all it stands for nowadays is union corruption.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

fucking Gin Jockey's go squander your saved pennies on some frumpy battle ax at rose bar.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

The Add Jay wrote:fucking Gin Jockey's go squander your saved pennies on some frumpy battle ax at rose bar.
I wouldn't describe the guys at Rose Bar as battle axes, but I defer to your better knowledge.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Kia ora guys and gals,

Firstly, congrats to OD and Cambod on your new forum, been lurking for a while now and really like the vibe so decided to finally register...thanks for the invite ;) Have found myself becoming a bit negative the last few months over on 440, so will try my best to keep positive over here.

For those that don't know me from 440, I'm a Kiwi, been living in PP 2+ years but work abroad on a rotational basis. First came here whilst travelling and something just drew me back and I don't plan on ever living elsewhere again. Currently on a hiatus from my work due to the bloody ISIS fanatics scaring away all my clients from Baghdad, don't really need to work for a while but am looking for any opportunities in Cambodia to keep me occupied and out of trouble until I land a new gig abroad.

Thanks to everyone for your introductions, I've just read them all. Look forward to sharing info and general gasbagging with you all.

:beer3:
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Welcome squire.
Don’t worry it won't be long become ISIS becomes WASWAS.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:Welcome squire.
Don’t worry it won't be long become ISIS becomes WASWAS.
Have missed your humour GC :good:
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

Welcome PSD, nice to see you here as well!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Firstly, congrats to OD and Cambod on your new forum, been lurking for a while now and really like the vibe so decided to finally register...thanks for the invite ;) Have found myself becoming a bit negative the last few months over on 440, so will try my best to keep positive over here.
Thanks man, and welcome aboard! Interesting intro too, BTW.

Don't worry, that downward spiral happened to the best and nicest of us too over there. Guilty as charged myself.

Thanks for signing up here on the new site; everyone's support and contributions are greatly appreciated!

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

PSD-Kiwi welcome to the CEO world
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic