CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Post by EdinWigan »

General Mackevili wrote:
ali baba wrote:Don't get so full of yourself Gmac.

--Personally, I think you're both scared shitless to rock the boat over there or mention CEO because you both know damn well you're on thin ice over there and will be DELETED/BANNED from K440 if you dare so much as hint you don't love K440 with all your heart and sole.--

There's some truth in this...

...I don't think KiR is being unreasonable by refusing to allow free publicity of a direct competitor on his turf.
Yeah, I was being overly harsh. For effect, you know?

But even he mentions us, Scobie mentions us, AiA mentions us, etc.

So, it's not like he has some rule about it, he just deletes and bans people that seem to publicly favour us, or even hint at it, here or there, so you're smart to come on here and say these things if you fear being banned from K440.

Anyways, glad you admit it to a degree, power to you for that. Joon seems to fall back on the most illogical answers I've ever read sometimes (as already pointed out above).
It is all part of the on-line stew that is CEO and we all know you can't have a decent stew without a bit of meat and a handful of vegetables
Last edited by EdinWigan on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

OrangeDragon wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:this thread is turning onto something i would expect out of a bunch of lost high schoolers,
guys,
fucking move on
who cares about K440 and what they do or say.
So what if KIR has one fucking ball and cant get hard with out his pacifier in his mouth
and AIA is missing his back teeth!!!

is this to be what ceo is about constant referring to what goes on over there? 60 pages of shit
no, it's one thread. and as most of us spent a lot of time over there we DO happen to care a bit about what goes on there. sorry not sorry.

if it's not a subject that interests you, avoid this one thread. simple enough really. there are literally thousands more posts on the site not about 440 at all... it's not like us posting this here is stopping us from posting other stuff elsewhere on the site. we don't have a post limit or anything.
While I have quietly been agreeing with Richard and still do to a large extent, what OD said makes sense also. There are many other threads and no one is forcing you to follow this one. Its a bit like slowing down to gawk at a car crash though, most people just can't resist the temptation.
And for what its worth. I like Joon. She is a breath of fresh air. She gets attacked a lot, but doesn't back down from her beliefs and very rarely, if ever, makes a personal attack on others instead of attacks their argument ( which is the Golden Rule in debating. Make it personal and you have LOST, no argument about that at all). I think some of us ( myself included) could learn a bit from her attitude. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Joon is female?
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

LTO wrote:Joon is female?
God I hope so. Otherwise it puts the other thread of someone guy's amorous feelings for her in a different and disturbing light. :shock:

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/viewtop ... =28&t=1094
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

That reminds me Soi Dog....

Scarier than malaria.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I think Joon's an excellent poster personally, her joust with Nirvana on 440 was one of the best I followed there or here this year, so I am glad she is over here and standing her ground under quite heavy attack. She's polite and humorous, hang in there Joon. :thumb:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:I think Joon's an excellent poster personally, her joust with Nirvana on 440 was one of the best I followed there or here this year, so I am glad she is over here and standing her ground under quite heavy attack. She's polite and humorous, hang in there Joon. :thumb:
If nobody knew they were female, would either Nirvana's or Joon's posts get any special recognition on either forum? Would you be giving such kudos for just another dude's posts, one whom you don't know anything about? Of course everyone will be answering "definitely, yes" to that question publicly...but do they really believe it?

Isn't giving female posters special praise for their posts a bit insulting to them...as if good posts weren't particularly expected of them?
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

Soi Dog wrote:
Cowshed Cowboy wrote:I think Joon's an excellent poster personally, her joust with Nirvana on 440 was one of the best I followed there or here this year, so I am glad she is over here and standing her ground under quite heavy attack. She's polite and humorous, hang in there Joon. :thumb:
If nobody knew they were female, would either Nirvana's or Joon's posts get any special recognition on either forum? Would you be giving such kudos for just another dude's posts, one whom you don't know anything about? Of course everyone will be answering "definitely, yes" to that question publicly...but do they really believe it?

Isn't giving female posters special praise for their posts a bit insulting to them...as if good posts weren't particularly expected of them?
Yep --- I agree with you. I think Joon comes across very well usually. She can handle herself even if she is wrong (as in this thread imho). No need to be patronizing just because her gender is in the minority here.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Nobody is being a misogynist, I know I am not. Like this morning, when entering an establishment, I opened the door for the lady whom was behind me. She politely said "Kamsa Hamnida," I respond with a lower tone "Hai!" A few mins later, I was outside smoking before leaving she approaches me and spoke in Korean that how long I have been living here; and before I could even answer that question she further asked am I Korean or Japanese. I was baffled, my cigarette dropped and was temporarily in suspense. Anyway, I said I am Khmer; she was shocked and didnt believe that I am KHMER....we were there at the parking space for another 5 mins getting acquaint....she seems genuine, but seem to be spoiled by the rich parents...telling me how she travels to various places in the world with her parents and her favorite place is Tasmania (gotta lol at this one). Even though I find her to be very attractive she soon learns that I am married. Disappointed she was and make her way to her white 2013 Scoopy.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Soi Dog wrote:

Nobody knew at the time that I am a woman, not even Nirvana. So I'm confident that CC is genuine in his appreciation of the discussion we had.
Actually, I find it offending that you, Soi Dog, would suggest this since I don't let my gender transpire in my posting. Nothing in CC's post suggests that he commended the quality of our exchange because we are women. The quality lied in the fact that we didn't engage in a pissing contest and we didn't resort to ad hominem arguments. A contrario, that actually just meant that male posters are seldom able to do that.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic