Good nightclubs in Phnom Penh to recommend?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Good nightclubs in Phnom Penh to recommend?

Post by Joon »

Thanks for your suggestions, y'all.

Nova looks nice and they even show the World Cup live and I'd really like to see the last four matches.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

My top 3:

Pontoon

I probably go there most often, as the location is prime for bar hopping around. They also genre a lounge section.

Code Red

Huge place with great seating on 2 levels. The owner seems to generally play my favourite music. Their sound system seems to be set up the best too.

RiverHouse Lounge

Small but cozy. Is also popular with cool locals. They also have a narrow balcony with sitting that overlooks the riverside.

All of them seem to be similarly priced for drinks, and I think the service is fast and efficient in all of them.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

General Mackevili wrote:My top 3:

Pontoon

I probably go there most often, as the location is prime for bar hopping around. They also genre a lounge section.

Code Red

Huge place with great seating on 2 levels. The owner seems to generally play my favourite music. Their sound system seems to be set up the best too.

RiverHouse Lounge

Small but cozy. Is also popular with cool locals. They also have a narrow balcony with sitting that overlooks the riverside.

All of them seem to be similarly priced for drinks, and I think the service is fast and efficient in all of them.

Code Red is always empty. idk how that place survives.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Nowadays I am not much of a PP night life expert as I used too be a decade ago (it was much easier, as choice was limited), most of the clubs named yet I would know by reputation rather than actual clubbing.

However, no one stated Darlin Darlin at naga premises. I had a few very good nights out with friends there over the past few years.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Hi Joon,
I liked DJ club on St63 (nr Pontoon). It was full of local freshies last time I went (several years ago). There's a khmer club I like on Monivong and 392. It had a live band and pretty non-slutty clothed prostitutes.

I'm not a fan or clubs but I'd be willing to show you and your husband a good time if you'd like to join my fiancee and myself in a restaurant. What is your attitude toward swinging, btw?
Scarier than malaria.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

ali baba wrote:Hi Joon,
I liked DJ club on St63 (nr Pontoon). It was full of local freshies last time I went (several years ago).
Indeed. I believe I heard it has closed down now.

There's always Avatar Club across the street now. I've heard good things from one person about it.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

I liked DJ club on St63 (nr Pontoon). It was full of local freshies last time I went (several years ago). There's a khmer club I like on Monivong and 392. It had a live band and pretty non-slutty clothed prostitutes.

I'm not a fan or clubs but I'd be willing to show you and your husband a good time if you'd like to join my fiancee and myself in a restaurant. What is your attitude toward swinging, btw?
Lmao, could it be the time for Craigslist to launch it's Cambodia adult listings ?
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

LOL

You bastard I spat coffee all over my laptop.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

General Mackevili wrote:Code Red

What kind of music? I've never heard you mention what you like.

I'm guessing not Justin Bieber...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

I mentioned darlin darlin. I'm there every weekend. Its a bit cramped....definitely a fire hazard in 1st world countries. Music is repetitive. They had a fantastic live band a few months ago called voice of reason. Little to no westerners...all Chinese getting sloppy. I give it a B+
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic