What percentage of Americans actually cook from fresh ingredients at home?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: What percentage of Americans actually cook from fresh ingredients at home?

Post by Duncan »

Mr Curious wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:23 pm do green onions from Mexico, veggies from Mexico and South America and seafood from Thailand (I'm in the U$A) count as fresh?

Real fresh stuff is expensive, it's organic and free range and gluten free and earth friendly and other such trendy bullshitty terms.

I blame developers of condos, etc for much of the loss of fresh food. That and a system that makes 2 people have to work most of their waking hours to pay for the constantly inflating cost of everything. Fresh food like spare time and watching the breeze thru the trees has become a casualty of surviving in the modern world.
p.s. I can't afford to eat out, it's STUPID expensive. I'd guess the average meal anywhere is around $15. I could eat on that for at least 4 days.

I'm inclined to agree with you but, ,, have you ever tried to grow enough vegies to sell and make a living from.???? I did it for many years and always thought that the amount of time and effort was not worth it for the returns I got back in dollars terms. Ended up after growing enough for my own use it was easier to give the rest away or trade for something I wanted.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic