Elephant At The Beach

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Elephant At The Beach

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Elephant At The Beach

Sihanoukville, A 50 years old elephant name Sok Chamroeun, whose owner is a tradition medicine seller, coming together from Chum Kiri, Kampot province had arrived in Sihanoukville on 03 December 2016. They have popped in at Ocheteal Beach for visitors and locals to view. Some people event went under the elephant neck.

Cambodians believe that walking or running under the elephant's neck would bring them good luck.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: Elephant At The Beach

Post by Raybull »

All the newbies were creating a racket over this on fb, a sign of the times I guess.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I just adore this place. :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

elephant on the beach, elephant on the road, elephant in the market, elephant in the china shop, bleh, once i had the elephant come to my place and blessed the place with its "lucky" water squirted from its trunk, doesnt seems lucky at all, my place closed down :bow:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I drove past it yesterday as it was headed up Sereypheap. Looked fine, just a big horse, really, no idea what all the hand wringing was all about.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Doesn't the big fella stroll over from Kampot every year? Poor thing must be lonely, elephants are social animals. At the zoo they are all chained up together, thats much better for them.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

bolueeleh wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:16 am elephant on the beach, elephant on the road, elephant in the market, elephant in the china shop, bleh, once i had the elephant come to my place and[
b] blessed the place with its "lucky" water squirted from its trunk,[/b] doesnt seems lucky at all, my place closed down :bow:

I'm wondering if you checked to see if it was really the trunk end the water squirted from. It's hard to tell sometimes, as both ends of a elephant look the same.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

willyhilly wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 4:58 am Doesn't the big fella stroll over from Kampot every year? .
ive been seeing the elephant randomly in sihanoukville for years
think this pic was 2014
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

looks to be a neat way to travel :)
fella is reclining in that last pic. But feeding it might be problematic, they do eat a lot. Pretty sure your ride would not get stolen tho.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

This old elephant died late in 2016...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic