A new visa question

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Luigi
Expatriate

Re: A new visa question

Post by Luigi »

StroppyChops wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:27 pm
Luigi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:13 pmStroppy, is there a diff in $ form EB to ER designation. Was there any other docs needed for either?
Thanks. :hattip:
No, same price - I've heard from others that you'll get an ER if you're actually 60 (which is obviously calculated from your passport) and from one friend who snuck in at 59 - I think he turns 60 in the duration of the visa. Others reported earlier in the year of being able to get an ER regardless of their age, but that seems to have dried up.
So what is the point in the differentiation?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: A new visa question

Post by StroppyChops »

Luigi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:41 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:27 pm
Luigi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:13 pmStroppy, is there a diff in $ form EB to ER designation. Was there any other docs needed for either?
Thanks. :hattip:
No, same price - I've heard from others that you'll get an ER if you're actually 60 (which is obviously calculated from your passport) and from one friend who snuck in at 59 - I think he turns 60 in the duration of the visa. Others reported earlier in the year of being able to get an ER regardless of their age, but that seems to have dried up.
So what is the point in the differentiation?
As others stated previously, more points for corruption/extortion. Seriously though, I think they'll be implementing the different EOS categories more vigorously over time but simply haven't had the training to be getting it right yet, so any EIs are being processed to EBs. I guess we'll hear more when expats start getting hit by immigration police (for tea money) for having the wrong category, and what the outcome will be when you refuse to pay a "fine" for something that was out of your hands anyway.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic