The Rump-again

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

The Rump-again

Post by taabarang »

Based on the assumption that empirical data is "false news" The Rump has decided that the US needn't be a signatory to the.Paris climate control agreement. We are now in the illustrations company of the forward thinking countries of Syria and Nicaragua.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06 ... -puleement. l-paris-accord-seek-better-deal/
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: The Rump-again

Post by hanno »

Totally makes sense, need to protect those 190,000 mining jobs (with 209,000, and increasing, working in solar power).

Being in the illustrious company of Syria and Nicaragua sounds about right.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Trump on Paris accord: 'We're getting out'

"We want fair treatment," Trump said. "We don't want other countries and other leaders to laugh at us anymore." http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/01/polit ... index.html

Oh the irony! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Man in the tin foil hat.

:bow:
eriksank
Expatriate

Post by eriksank »

Kuroneko wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:10 pmTrump on Paris accord: 'We're getting out'
In all fairness, Trump said that he wants re-negotiate a far-reaching deal concluded by his predecessor. He considers particular details in this deal to be contrary to the interests of his constituency. It really depends on the text of the treaty. I did not read it. (tldr;)

Trump also declared the US would stall all contributions to the United Nations' Green Climate Fund, which Trump said was "costing the United States a fortune."

I would also not pay anything to a United Nations "fund", why would I? Of all detestable international NGOs, the United Nations are undoubtedly the most detestable one.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

eriksank wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:15 pm
Kuroneko wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:10 pmTrump on Paris accord: 'We're getting out'
In all fairness, Trump said that he wants re-negotiate a far-reaching deal concluded by his predecessor. He considers particular details in this deal to be contrary to the interests of his constituency. It really depends on the text of the treaty. I did not read it. (tldr;)

Trump also declared the US would stall all contributions to the United Nations' Green Climate Fund, which Trump said was "costing the United States a fortune."

I would also not pay anything to a United Nations "fund", why would I? Of all detestable international NGOs, the United Nations are undoubtedly the most detestable one.
Trump pulling out of the Paris accord was really irrelevant to the point I was making :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic