The Cambodia Daily: Is Cambodia Going Down the Road to Elimination Again?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

The Cambodia Daily: Is Cambodia Going Down the Road to Elimination Again?

Post by StroppyChops »

The Cambodia Daily
Letter to the Editor: Is Cambodia Going Down the Road to Elimination Again?
May 30, 2017
On 25 May Prime Minister HE addressed a congregation of more than 4,000 Christians, covered in “HE Goes on Tirade Against Opponents” (May 26).

—Letter to the Editor—

I have some knowledge of Christianity, Buddhism, Islam and Hinduism, and have embraced some moral and ethical values from each of these religions. This has made me wonder how those Christians gathered in that huge conference hall really felt and what they thought about such a “tirade” or “a mammoth three hour rant” as the Daily saw that address.

I have further wondered how they felt when they heard our prime minister saying, “To ensure the lives of millions of people, we are willing to eliminate 100 to 200 people because we have seen bitter past experiences.”

I feel it was, in the first place, utterly inappropriate to rant at such length at such a function held by and for people of religious faith, at a place that ought to be thought of as a house of God for the duration of the function, and from a rostrum that ought to be seen as a pulpit.

I also feel it was abominable, horrible and abhorrent to think of being “willing” to kill people, to sacrifice some human beings, for the sake of the lives of other and more numerous fellow human beings, and boast about such a thought.

Read the article here: https://www.cambodiadaily.com/opinion/l ... on-130728/
I wondered about this when I skim-read it the other day, but didn't pause on it long enough. The impression I got was that Fluffy Bunny was directly threatening to have people killed if things didn't go his way...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: The Cambodia Daily: Is Cambodia Going Down the Road to Elimination Again?

Post by Duncan »

If you lose,,,, What have you got to lose, Nothing,,, but everything to gain.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Sounds the same as before, at least when I heard snippets of his speeches in 2012 and 13.
-insert signature here
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

StroppyChops wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 5:48 pm The Cambodia Daily
May 30, 2017
On 25 May Prime Minister HE addressed a congregation of more than 4,000 Christians, covered in “HE Goes on Tirade Against Opponents” (May 26).

—Letter to the Editor—

I have some knowledge of Christianity, Buddhism, Islam and Hinduism, and have embraced some moral and ethical values from each of these religions. This has made me wonder how those Christians gathered in that huge conference hall really felt and what they thought about such a “tirade” or “a mammoth three hour rant” as the Daily saw that address.

I have further wondered how they felt when they heard our prime minister saying, “To ensure the lives of millions of people, we are willing to eliminate 100 to 200 people because we have seen bitter past experiences.”

I feel it was, in the first place, utterly inappropriate to rant at such length at such a function held by and for people of religious faith, at a place that ought to be thought of as a house of God for the duration of the function, and from a rostrum that ought to be seen as a pulpit.

I also feel it was abominable, horrible and abhorrent to think of being “willing” to kill people, to sacrifice some human beings, for the sake of the lives of other and more numerous fellow human beings, and boast about such a thought.

I wondered about this when I skim-read it the other day, but didn't pause on it long enough. The impression I got was that Fluffy Bunny was directly threatening to have people killed if things didn't go his way...
I had posted a link from the original story when it came out, hoping you'd comment.
It did make me laugh that he addressed his usual, or perhaps even specially selected, threats at a Christian gathering.
That guy knows no bounds.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

juansweetpotato wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:33 am
StroppyChops wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 5:48 pm
Spoiler:
The Cambodia Daily
May 30, 2017

—Letter to the Editor—

I had posted a link from the original story when it came out, hoping you'd comment.
It did make me laugh that he addressed his usual, or perhaps even specially selected, threats at a Christian gathering.
That guy knows no bounds.
It may even have been your post that I skim-read at the time, and if so, would have chosen to not comment as it would have looked like missionary-bait to me! :beer3:
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

haha! missionary- bait- a keeper
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic