CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Terrific thread, so many different angles and by far the most interesting thing on here for me for a while. I don't agree with a lot of it and didn't want to post that I like AiA in case I got called a 440 apologist lol.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: I don't agree with a lot of it and didn't want to post that I like AiA in case I got called a 440 apologist lol.
You're an apologist in denial! Double trouble! !
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

flying chicken wrote:Lets get the fact straight. Basing from my observation in the last 2 or months; the only one who seem to hold onto grudges is Soi Dog.
Well fuck me pink. Don't pin this recent little pissing match on me. The past 15 pages of this silly thread happened in the past 12 hours, with comments from dozens of posters and without any of my involvement.

As I recall, K440 had been barely mentioned negatively on CEO for quite some time until KiR, and then more recently andyinasia, started directly blaming CEO members for everything negative said about them on any random website and also any disharmony within their own forum (with a few nasty insults thrown in as well). I called them out on their pathetic behavior/comments and irrational logic.

Joon - FYI, I would be happy to make my comments to them directly, but they banned me. Ironically, I got banned there for making two comments in support of some very mild constructive criticism of K440 voiced by andyinasia and giblet, of all people (comments not taken very well by KiR :lol: ). Banning someone doesn't turn off the internets. I can still read their forum, I just can't log in to respond. See how that works? So please stop saying we should respond to them directly over there.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

There is clearly no one to blame and all to be gained from learning from the experience, in our own individual ways. Characters and personalities on-line, are like characters and personalities off-line, each needs time to develop. You take 300+ virgin characters and through them in to a new playground and we will all take a little time to find ourselves.

Hoards have stormed across, although a few slithered, from 'The Other Forum' but here it is a totally different landscape, so adoptions needed to be made. Some tried to 'Bulldoze' through, but soon found there 'Other Forum' status, just didn't matter here, time for them and everyone else to find their feet again.

Inevitably, some feathers will be ruffled, some dogs will get a flee, or two in their ears and yes, a hamster's wheel may come off but this is all part of the transition.

Let us all also not dwell to much on the past and those who chose not to join us in the new promised land but to remain and sink or swim in our previous on-line world. Some of those will in time will wash up on the CEO shoreline. Let us always be ready to welcome them, as friends.

Others, will already be amongst us, afraid to show their faces. They should not be, they should come out, into the sunshine and join the party.

There will be, from time to time, moments when we fall out but lets understand, it happens and we get more from being part of CEO, than not being, so lets not bear grudges, if we argue today, lets not carry on a vendetta for weeks or months. We are all changing and evolving in our new CEO world. Please do not blame me for my mistakes of yesterday, as I am a different person today.

Let Dogs be Dogs, Let Chickens be Chickens. It doesn't mater who you are, or where you are from. What matters is you are here now and very welcome.

:beer3: :beer3: :beer3: :beer3: Party?
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

EdinWigan wrote:
Let us always be ready to welcome them, as friends.
Amen.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Holy moly!! This thread has grown 14 pages in 24hrs. Time to catch up. Okay I skipped 10 of them.
OrangeDragon wrote:Lol, had another look at the chicken sandwich thread and it looks like scobinz killed it off by filling gavinmac's role of overmod king.

Lucky Seven Ali Baba had the best reply EVER for why shit going off topic is fine....
Ali Baba wrote:
Lucky Seven wrote:You can't be serious .... this is how discussions evolve. We start on a topic and in most instances move to more interesting debate. Forget the chicken sandwich who cares about that .... what about the chicken that had to die for this sandwich.

Seriously though so what if it went off topic , do you expect the topic alone to generate discussion ?
Yeah, if I made it to page 8 of a thread and every post was "$19.50 for a sandwhich, core blimey!" then I would:
a) want to poke my eyes out and
b) think that I was in the wrong place.
Even if he did spell sandwich wrong after giving that SCC guy grief about punctuation...
It's good to have a fan & +ve karma. :unknown: :Search:
Also, which sand are you talking about?

In defense of AiA;- I think he's an intelligent person who gets frustrated with others. He once said he prefers to be pithy and concise online but I often found him laconic and didn't appreciate his sarcastic one-liners. He brought some of the negativity upon himself at times but doesn't deserve to be insulted or flamed.

In defense of Joon;- I'm active on 3 forums with CEO being my lowest priority. I think it's smart of Joon not to post about CEO on 440 as the admin has made it clear such posts will often be deleted. Why waste the time?

An attack on Flying Chicken;- Such a rude limerick. I hope you realise how thin the ice upon which you stand is. I'm amazed anyone felt such sympathy for you that they were willing to put their hands in their pockets.
Scarier than malaria.
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

Blimey.

What a lot of bed-wetting.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

ali baba wrote:
Why waste the time?
LoL, you and Joon are really hung up on TIME. How it takes sooooo much TIME to make a post. She doesn't have the TIME to read every thread.

LoL, are you guys for real? You both seem to have more than enough TIME to take the TIME to read these 14 new pages and take more TIME to post. Joon even has TIME to take the TIME to post a reply and inform us she doesn't have the TIME to post a reply.

I don't get it. It's weird.

Have you guys both fallen down a rabbit hole or something? It's odd how you both have TIME to browse around for hours, yet the thought of making a single post on K440 about CEO worries you that you might be wasting that precious TIME.

Personally, I think you're both scared shitless to rock the boat over there or mention CEO because you both know damn well you're on thin ice over there and will be DELETED/BANNED from K440 if you dare so much as hint you don't love K440 with all your heart and soul.

LoL, you even go as far to make sure you mentioned that K440 is higher on your priority list than CEO. Ha! Scaredy cat. Image

They own you two by putting the fear of a permanent ban over your head. It's entertaining to watch, actually.

K440 will continue to keep a few members that toe the line for fear of getting banned, and we'll continue to attract members that won't be scared by a bully admin that goes around deleting anyone who dare speaks out against him. CEO members know we are safe here and don't have to worry about walking on eggshells like you guys have to do over there in order to be able to post both here and there, LoL. It's comical, really.

Meh, I'm not telling you or anyone else reading this thread anything they don't know already. Oh dear, I've spent too much TIME on this post...but at least I know it won't be deleted, LoL.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Don't get so full of yourself Gmac. The only reason I have time to post here is because the political forum (ranked #1) that I like blocks a lot of IPs because of spammers so I'm currently waiting for my IP to roll over. Also I think I mentioned skipping over much of this thread in my previous post.

--Personally, I think you're both scared shitless to rock the boat over there or mention CEO because you both know damn well you're on thin ice over there and will be DELETED/BANNED from K440 if you dare so much as hint you don't love K440 with all your heart and sole.--
There's some truth in this. I don't want to spend time composing a lengthy post if it will get deleted shortly thereafter. Many forums have a rule against mentioning other forums so I don't think KiR is being unreasonable by refusing to allow free publicity of a direct competitor on his turf.

--LoL, you even went as far to make sure you mentioned that K440 is higher on your priority list than CEO. Ha! Scaredy cat.--
I speak truth to power lol. My rankings are based on the noise to signal ratio and layout of the forums, btw. I already shared the link to the political forum I like so you can judge for yourself.
Scarier than malaria.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

ali baba wrote:Don't get so full of yourself Gmac.

--Personally, I think you're both scared shitless to rock the boat over there or mention CEO because you both know damn well you're on thin ice over there and will be DELETED/BANNED from K440 if you dare so much as hint you don't love K440 with all your heart and sole.--

There's some truth in this...

...I don't think KiR is being unreasonable by refusing to allow free publicity of a direct competitor on his turf.
Yeah, I was being overly harsh. For effect, you know?

But even he mentions us, Scobie mentions us, AiA mentions us, etc.

So, it's not like he has some rule about it, he just deletes and bans people that seem to publicly favour us, or even hint at it, here or there, so you're smart to come on here and say these things if you fear being banned from K440.

Anyways, glad you admit it to a degree, power to you for that. Joon seems to fall back on the most illogical answers I've ever read sometimes (as already pointed out above).

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic