Picture of Dudes With Their Asses Out On a Boat Posted in Kampot Noticeboard; Members Call For Deletion

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Picture of Dudes With Their Asses Out On a Boat Posted in Kampot Noticeboard; Members Call For Deletion

Post by General Mackevili »

I am a huge fan of the Kampot Noticeboard Facebook Group, but come on, some of the members on there are a bit too sensitive about tarnishing the reputation they somehow think Kampot has.

Some girl posts an image pointing out some rude boys with their derrieres hanging off the side of what looks like a booze cruise party boat with a bunch of stoners, and several members yell, "DELETE, DELETE!"

They really need to relax and realize it's not the publicizing of these incidents that give them the reputation they have, it's the actual incidences. Not a a very hard "which came first, the chicken or the egg," scenario.

Ho hum, they'll probably delete it.

Some comments:
Spoiler:
Let see a new style of tourist doing river cruise along the Kampot river.
-------------------------------
Why I sharing this photo, I just want to aware to international tourists known about a kind of bad behavior that some tourists did without thinking. They should not act like this in public place in Cambodia. Please be respect Cambodia culture and traditional. Thanks

Notice: as per requested from 5 admins of this group, they want me keep this photo in order to openly discussion on this case and finding idea for improvement.

That's not good looking happen in Cambodia.
Dear foreigner, I have known that your country just simple thing but Cambodia is differ.

in the civilized western world this is not good looking and appreciated as well! Drunken people without any moral are to find everywhere in the world unfortunately.

Why I sharing this photo, I just want to aware to international tourists known about a kind of bad behavior and should not act like this in public place any more in Cambodia. Please be respect Cambodia culture and traditional. Thanks

Bong I don't think it's appropriate to get the (like )button !!! It's bad pls delete it !!! Not for them ,but for the sake of Cambodia culture !!

I think common sense dictates the photo should be deleted. The sad part is that it is not ignorance but sheer rudeness and inconsideration of others that drives individuals to behave so.

What's about the khmer guy who walks around with his arse out every day?

The guy Richard is talking about hasn't got a penny, never begs or bothers, and scavenges rubbish for a bite to eat.
He's not a visitor with a $600 backpack and daddy's credit card, here to shit all over this beautiful culture, like it's Benidorm or Magaluf.
Edit: And he kind of does his best to wear what is left of his trousers.

Public nudity is more common among the locals. There's a woman in our part of Phnom Penh who spends all day walking around with her boobs out and one hand in her knickers. No one takes photos of her for public distribution, in fact no one bats an eyelid.

The guy you are talking about and I'm assuming the woman in PP too clearly have mental health issues. They are not responsible for their actions in the same way as a spoiled backpacker who thinks it's funny to whip his arse out on a boat.

Ha i think your all going a little bit overboard, 2 pissed up lads being dicks, they're not exactly hurting anyone. Yeah respect the culture here but come on can you honestly say you never did anything to embarrass yourself after a few beers while on holiday? They're flashing their arse cheeks not waving their knobs in an old woman's face in a pagoda. Is there nothing worse to complain about down in the pot?

Flashing their ass cheeks is larrikinism in Australia...but still a retarded thing to do. In Cambodia it's completely inappropriate. Someone on the boat should have educated them.

How is them waving their asses around on a boat any different than in a wat? People can still see.

Wats are different though, you have to be a bit more careful in a way as you would be in.a church or cathedral in other nations. There is no denying that these guys are being total jerks and I hope that someone made it clear to them.

I see far worse behaviour from drunken khmer men in ktv restaurants groping waitresses. I find that much more troubling than a moony

Completely agree. This post serves as a reminder that people can be disrespectful idiots. And yes, operators and owners should learn to nip this sort of thing in the bud.

The boat driver or owner of boat must be tell them first don't do like this on the boat.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Picture of Dudes With Their Asses Out On a Boat Posted in Kampot Noticeboard; Members Call For Deletion

Post by Username Taken »

Bunch of assholes !
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Picture of Dudes With Their Asses Out On a Boat Posted in Kampot Noticeboard; Members Call For Deletion

Post by hanno »

Username Taken wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 12:54 pm Bunch of assholes !
Who? The guys on the boat or the Kampot posters?

How Kampot hipsters think of their place:

The picture in the OP is more realistic....
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

hanno wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:16 pm
Username Taken wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 12:54 pm Bunch of assholes !
Who? The guys on the boat or the Kampot posters?

How Kampot hipsters think of their place:

The picture in the OP is more realistic....
ha ha bang on!
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Good one, Hanno.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Saw this as well. While I agree that this sort of behaviour is annoying and I wouldn't really give a rats ass if they were deported, I find it laughable that Khmers get all offended at seeing a bare bottom but don't bat an eye of someone throws trash/oil in the river (or by one of the temples they revere so much), a kid works on a construction site and so on. Bit of a double standard at times.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Sensitive bunch around Kampot given the antics constantly happening in such a small town.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 6:57 pm Saw this as well. While I agree that this sort of behaviour is annoying and I wouldn't really give a rats ass if they were deported, I find it laughable that Khmers get all offended at seeing a bare bottom but don't bat an eye of someone throws trash/oil in the river (or by one of the temples they revere so much), a kid works on a construction site and so on. Bit of a double standard at times.
As this was posted by "some girl" on their FB page, I assume that it was a Barang girl. And all the peoples' names asking for the pic to be taken down do not exactly sound like bong Samnang either.
ricefarmersdaughter
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ricefarmersdaughter »

Cambodia lost its edge.

simple and plain nothing else too add.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

What does that even mean?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic