Money can't buy me love

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Money can't buy me love

Post by juansweetpotato »

vladimir wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:06 pm
juansweetpotato wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:02 pmCan you give me the reason why those guns aren't still out there?
The govt doesn't want them out there.

Back in 2000, frequent roadblocks/ searches. I remember them clearly, because I was finishing work at 8:30 pm and almost every night...roadblock..oh, barang, carry on...

In addition, having to explain the find to the police/MPs...perhaps not an enjoyable experience.
My answer to that is the report I posted from 2001- they only got apprx 100000 of them, 10% ish -, and if I wanted to keep my guns I would bury them, just in case someone tried to murder me or my family. After all, it has happened before - for some, in their own lifetimes.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

juansweetpotato wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 4:27 pm
juansweetpotato wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:02 pmCan you give me the reason why those guns aren't still out there?

Back in 2000, frequent roadblocks/ searches. I remember them clearly, because I was finishing work at 8:30 pm and almost every night...roadblock..oh, barang, carry on...

In addition, having to explain the find to the police/MPs...perhaps not an enjoyable experience.
My answer to that is the report I posted from 2001- they only got apprx 100000 of them, 10% ish -, and if I wanted to keep my guns I would bury them, just in case someone tried to murder me or my family. After all, it has happened before - for some, in their own lifetimes.

I can just picture that happening to you. sweetpotato running out into the rice field , digging up his guns and knocking the rust off the barrel, checking to see if water has got into the ammo , every time Srey Lop-Lop says give me some money or I'll kill you .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Duncan wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm
juansweetpotato wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 4:27 pm

I can just picture that happening to you. sweetpotato running out into the rice field , digging up his guns and knocking the rust off the barrel, checking to see if water has got into the ammo , every time Srey Lop-Lop says give me some money or I'll kill you .
Mostly they're AKs, reports of them being dug out the mud and ready to fire after 10 or so years and a good clean, let alone wrapped in oil cloth and plastic.
I don't think they would be digging them up everyday either. :beer3: I'm guessing you can't find any definitive article on where they all went then?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic