Rocking Cambodia, Rise of a Pop diva Full video

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Rocking Cambodia, Rise of a Pop diva Full video

Post by phuketrichard »

as my post might get buried with off topic BS and its worth watching

:beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Rocking Cambodia, Rise of a Pop diva Full video

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

remember this documentry, great soundtrack, might have to watch again
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Great video I just sat and watched drinking my coffee this morning, a very touching story, it's a hard life being a musician. I got to give it to her husband, he really knows how to promote his band, does he do the videos? I really dig their music, I've showed a couple of my friends their youtube videos.

Are those King Sihanouk movies available? I love 60's movies.

I was a musician in what feels like a former life, started playing in bars when I was 16-17(no one played bass back then lol) toured the Eastern half of US in a van stuffed with equipment and 4 guys back in the late 80's-90's, good times but some rough times, gave up the starving musician lifestyle to sell my soul starting a business. I miss playing live that was what I was in it for, one day I'll get back to playing if my arms aren't shot out.
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i loved the conversation between the two, great insight into a relationship between a country girl and a Barang and how they both felt let down.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Seasquatch wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 11:19 pm Great video I just sat and watched drinking my coffee this morning, a very touching story, it's a hard life being a musician. I got to give it to her husband, he really knows how to promote his band, does he do the videos? I really dig their music, I've showed a couple of my friends their youtube videos.

I was a musician in what feels like a former life, started playing in bars when I was 16-17(no one played bass back then lol) toured the Eastern half of US in a van stuffed with equipment and 4 guys back in the late 80's-90's, good times but some rough times, gave up the starving musician lifestyle to sell my soul starting a business. I miss playing live that was what I was in it for, one day I'll get back to playing if my arms aren't shot out.
yeah ive watched a few of his movies...

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Seasquatch wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 11:19 pm

There are quite a few around, but I've never been able to find any with decent quality. The ones on Youtube seem to be all uploaded from crappy VCDs.

This one is great, just for the views of Bokor in its heyday alone:

His films are strange, they usually show a very clean Cambodia with beautiful villas, Cadillacs etc. The pace and direction is often baffling, they are quite unique. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic