What is up with abc

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

What is up with abc

Post by LionsLeftTesticle »

It's 8 and 6.8 percent.

It left me deeply disappointed when I just wanted to get a little tipsy.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: What is up with abc

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

LionsLeftTesticle wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:14 pm It's 8 and 6.8 percent.

It left me deeply disappointed when I just wanted to get a little tipsy.
ive only ever seen it at 8% and i drink it most nights out?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

It's what I thought too.

I looked online and there is a 6.8 foreign version but the cambo one is 8. Don't know how a light one got into SHK.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yeah same with Chang, you buy it outside of Thailand and its only 5% and doesnt even taste like chang
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Looks like Laos is 6.8 and Singapore 6.

Remember when Chang used to be much stronger but don't know if it's still same. Know the size of big bottles of singa shrunk.

I heard they used to just say Chang was x strength but was really random and you could end up wasted.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

LionsLeftTesticle wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:55 pm Looks like Laos is 6.8 and Singapore 6.

Remember when Chang used to be much stronger but don't know if it's still same. Know the size of big bottles of singa shrunk.

I heard they used to just say Chang was x strength but was really random and you could end up wasted.
yeah used to be 6.4%, then went down to 6%, mate told me that its been dropped all the way to 5% but i havent noticed yet, ill go downstairs for a beer and let you know lol
yeah dont think the strength was regulated from what i used to get told, aparently some had been tested and been 10/12% or something, could just be hearsay, like the formaldehyde thing
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Yeah heard around 10-12 too.

Tradgic if it's 5 now.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

It says here https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/abc-extra ... ia/190046/ -

"ABC Extra Stout with its 7% alcohol content offers stout lovers the enjoyment of a dry stout with its distinct roasted malt taste. ... The brew is best served between 4ºC and 6ºC. http://www.apb.com.sg/abc-extra-stout.html version brewed by Cambodia Brewery still 8% (at least, can served in Siem Reap 10/28/12 was)
You could be next.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic