Yorkshire lad again...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
English mak
Tourist

Yorkshire lad again...

Post by English mak »

Firstly Jamie Lambo, sinnsisamouth
Thanks for the feedback.

Ok so is it easier to rent a apartment on a monthly basis or a guest house and move around a little if you know what I mean ??

Also what is the fascination with barangs kicking the shit out of cash points oh I mean ATMs...

I really don't understand this but it's quite amusing,
Maybe one day that might be me lol

Any other advice that might help me in my first few hours/days.

Sinnsisamouth you gave me two weeks before I get robbed well I hope not mate
Is it really that sketchy??
Or just certain times in certain places
I thought it was the law I should watch out for ?

Or is this just Sinnsisamouth banter lol

Cheers guys
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Yorkshire lad again...

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

English mak wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 3:35 pm Firstly Jamie Lambo, sinnsisamouth
Thanks for the feedback.

Ok so is it easier to rent a apartment on a monthly basis or a guest house and move around a little if you know what I mean ??

Also what is the fascination with barangs kicking the shit out of cash points oh I mean ATMs...

I really don't understand this but it's quite amusing,
Maybe one day that might be me lol

Any other advice that might help me in my first few hours/days.

Sinnsisamouth you gave me two weeks before I get robbed well I hope not mate
Is it really that sketchy??
Or just certain times in certain places
I thought it was the law I should watch out for ?

Or is this just Sinnsisamouth banter lol

Cheers guys
depends where you want to be based, its far cheaper to rent an apartment than staying in a guesthouse, you have the novelty of a kitchen etc also
stay in a guesthouse first then go apartment hunting when you find somewhere you want to be based

robbing can and does happen, mainly to clueless people who arent streetsmart, some people will beg to differ, but in 5 years ive not had any problems
you wont need to watch out for the law, other than if you get pulled over by traffic cops but as long as you got your shit in gear (IDP or License/lights off/helmet on) you will have no problems
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Never been robbed and I have been in Cambodia for a little while. But yes, it does happen and snatchings are common.
ricefarmersdaughter
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ricefarmersdaughter »

some hookers have no moral they simply dont care and wont think twice about robbing your room blind whilst your asleep.

this is a big risk for newbies and even hardened old school alcoholics in SEA.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ricefarmersdaughter wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 6:16 pm some hookers have no moral they simply dont care and wont think twice about robbing your room blind whilst your asleep.

this is a big risk for newbies and even hardened old school alcoholics in SEA.
true, it is the most likely scenario of getting robbed, bar girls arent too much of a problem, but freelancers can be high risk as they are harder to track down, or so they think
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
English mak
Tourist

Post by English mak »

That was my next question
The ladies, I would like the name of the best bar from you guys please and street number in Phnom Penh
What's the going rate etc

Do you just stash you valuables when you get a hooker around??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic