Street Art

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Street Art

Post by taabarang »

Hi Duncan, have you ever heard about Boeung Kak district in PP ? ( " Lakeside " as they call it ) They're is a street art project going on there since 2 or 3 years. Many khmer artists and thai ones came there. You should go check it !

Yes indeed. Since I have not been there for years I hesitated to mention it, not knowing if it was still there. There are many listings under Google; here is just one.

http://m.phnompenhpost.com/post-weekend ... kak-street
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Opposite the White Building:

You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Those are great. Cheers.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:42 pm Those are great. Cheers.
Cheers. Do what taabarang suggested and check out Street 93 sometime.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Duncan wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:22 am Yesterday I walked down a street with big murals painted on the building. Quite refreshing.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBTzIb ... Pmdo8i4Ow-

It's just a pity that in PP some people in charge are only there for the money and not there to make the city more beautiful. Remember the big mural painted on the ''white building'' a year or so ago . Are there any murals in Cambodia ?

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Trinitysmackstain
Expatriate

Post by Trinitysmackstain »

Duncan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:35 pm
Duncan wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:22 am Yesterday I walked down a street with big murals painted on the building. Quite refreshing.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBTzIb ... Pmdo8i4Ow-

It's just a pity that in PP some people in charge are only there for the money and not there to make the city more beautiful. Remember the big mural painted on the ''white building'' a year or so ago . Are there any murals in Cambodia ?

Brainwashed asians just want money no imagination.

That place can dull your mind and sould.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Tuk-tuk tours to showcase street art
9 May 2017
Phnom Penh hides its street art treasures well – down back alleys, on storefront grates and even inside the city’s markets. That’s where David Myers and Kimchean Koy come in.
The two 19-year-old architecture students, who are also budding street artists, will begin a new tour this week taking tourists and locals around in tuk-tuks to the city’s street art hotspots, as well as to a few of the galleries and artistic hubs that foster the local community.

Curating a mini tour for The Post last week, Myers – whose street art name is Davido – and Kimchean, who goes by Koy, are soft-spoken but knowledgeable tour guides. They begin at Sa Sa Bassac gallery, a contemporary art space that encourages experimental work, before heading across the street to an alley perfect for introducing some of the basic concepts of graffiti.

“These are examples of what street art is. These are throw ups,” Myers explains, referring to the practice of spraying tags or names. “Many of these are not by artists who live here but by artists who visit.”
Full article: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/lifestyle/ ... street-art
The Phnom Penh Art Tour begins this Wednesday at 9am and lasts approximately two hours. There is also a tour on Saturday morning. To reserve a place, visit their Facebook page. Tickets cost $7.50
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic