Anyone for sushi ?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Anyone for sushi ?

Post by Digg3r » Sun May 14, 2017 11:22 am

phuketrichard wrote:
hanno wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 2:32 am
boozyoldman wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 8:30 pm
Many people here take an anti-worm pill every 2 or 3 months.

Will that do?
The first advice I got when I first came to SE Asia 20+ ago....
LOL haven't had worms in my life and i have lived and viisted some real shit places
we eat sushi at least 2 x/month at Fuji's here. never been sick
How would you know you've never had worms?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Anyone for sushi ?

Post by Kuroneko » Sun May 14, 2017 12:27 pm

boozyoldman wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 8:30 pm
Many people here take an anti-worm pill every 2 or 3 months.

Will that do?
No! Not for anisakiasis. However It is often possible to diagnose and treat gastric anisakiasis by removal of the worm using an endoscope. Diagnosis of enteric anisakiasis is more difficult; however, it can generally be managed without removal of the worm because the worm will eventually die. Surgery may be required for intestinal or extraintestinal infections when intestinal obstruction, appendicitis, or peritonitis occurs. Successful treatment of anisakiasis with albendazole* 400 mg orally twice daily for 6 to 21 days has been reported in cases with presumptive (highly suggestive history and/or serology) diagnoses.https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/anisakias ... essionals/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic