from the uk

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

from the uk

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Am thinking of coming over, flights direct from london are too expensive. So after bangkok what is the best way to S ville? obviously i could fly but maybe a bus is the cost much difference?
cheers
charlie
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: from the uk

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:38 pm Am thinking of coming over, flights direct from london are too expensive. So after bangkok what is the best way to S ville? obviously i could fly but maybe a bus is the cost much difference?
cheers
charlie
just fly mate, after doing the land crossings more times than i care to remember or bare to withstand anymore, you can get flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh for as little as $25-50, then either get a taxi straight from the airport to Sihanoukville or stop off in Phnom Penh and get a bus the next day,

the few dollars that you would save getting the bus from Bangkok really is not worth the time/effort/stress/exhaustion
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

cheers mate, i thought as much. I am/was a bricky and may have a couple of questions for you later.
charlie
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:50 am cheers mate, i thought as much. I am/was a bricky and may have a couple of questions for you later.
charlie
i'm a Bricky too, but you sound like you already knew that lol :beer3:
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

yep, done my time, retired now, no more jack walls, fletton rough work, block work man holes, day work, price work. I fancy building a lovely axed arch, or maybe a 3 centred arch just for the crack, as a hobby. As you know work like that is hard to come by :chin:
charlie
LeesaJohnson
Expatriate

Post by LeesaJohnson »

You should contact to some trip advisor because they can advise the better option.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Best way is a flight from Bangkok to Phnom Penh, then a bus down to Sihanoukville.

Its what I've done the last 4 years
Sevin
Tourist

Post by Sevin »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:45 am
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:38 pm Am thinking of coming over, flights direct from london are too expensive. So after bangkok what is the best way to S vil

just fly mate, after doing the land crossings more times than i care to remember or bare to withstand anymore, you can get flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh for as little as $25-50, then either get a taxi straight from the airport to Sihanoukville or stop off in Phnom Penh and get a bus the next day,

the few dollars that you would save getting the bus from Bangkok really is not worth the time/effort/stress/exhaustion
$25-$50 ? Prices I've seen are $150 plus.....or am I missing something !
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Sevin wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 1:54 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:45 am
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:38 pm Am thinking of coming over, flights direct from london are too expensive. So after bangkok what is the best way to S vil

$25-$50 ?
Prices I've seen are $150 plus.....or am I missing something !
you are missing something... Air Asia lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic