Tourist Ripped Off For Over $400 At Candy Bar On Street 136 in Phnom Penh; Bar Girls Laugh at Him

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: Tourist Ripped Off For Over $400 At Candy Bar On Street 136 in Phnom Penh; Bar Girls Laugh at Him

Post by Raybull »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 5:45 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 5:08 pm Well, CEO received a message from a girl who says she works at Candy Bar, and here is her side of the story, along with the pics she sent us:

"Dear CEO of Cambodia Expats Online ,
I am work for hostess bar with my boss for many year and I am one of ladies that Mike and his girlfriend allow us to have ours ladies drink . First we saw Mike enter the Candy bar for say hello to my bosses . Hardly she never sat with any customer because we all have manager and supervisor to control . Mike invite for a drink and I know for herself she never put a lady drink . Mike with my bosses and about 3girls have a drink together before Mike girlfriend came to the seat .This couple have spend a week at Koh Rong island . Mike girlfriend is the person who celebrating birthday on that night not my bosses . Ladies came to say happy birthday to Mike girlfriend and she gave a lady drink for those girls . Me and my friends always asked Mike or His girlfriend because my bosses and my manager very control on bill. Every order drink or lady drink we always put on table to show him also to make sure his bill is nothing rip off . He drank from 1am until morning . His girlfriend could not even walk and slept on candy bar couch . Lady drink is $3.50 so can you imagine the total of the bill ? My bosses she did don't push us to ask More lady drink from Mike but we all need money , ours personal problem is money that is why we are here to work !!!
Otherwise, some ladies come from different bar which is friends of Mike girlfriend for say hello Mike as he's a good customer. He's fine for the whole night and very enjoy ours company but he was so shock when the last bill $60 was print out coz he confused and miss understand that how could the bill is $60 even he did don't give some ladies a drink !? So our manager decided to cut off half of the amount for make him happy as we know he's ours bosses friend also he's already good spend for that night . All the ladies drink is approved from Mike and his girlfriend. Normally Mike came to Candy Bar never paid over $50 but that night is special because is his girlfriend birthday. We know is her real birthday that's why she's very excited. Before she gave lady drink she always asked Mike and he's always said Ok ! Ok !
I don't ask you to remove the post but to be fear you must more information from ours side ,what was happen and how !? He was drank and enjoy when we asked for ours drink he always said Ok , Ok . My bosses was very disappointed and shock when she do good but return in bad . We admire she's a very nice bosses.if you meet her in reality you will understand her more .Behalf of My manager we would like to invite you for a drink at Candy Bar . Feel free To come if you have free time.
"

yep as i mentioned in my earlier post, their bosses birthday is at the beginning of February not beginning of May...

for those struggling to read the Khmenglish...
Mike sits and drinks with the boss and 3 girls before his girlfriend arrives,
they had just spent a week on Koh Rong,
it was actually Mikes girlfriends birthday not the bosses,
Mikes girlfriend wants to celebrate her birthday with he girls and invites them all over for some drinks,
his Cheque bin was on the table so he could always keep tabs on his bill,
he drank until 1am and his girlfriend was that drunk she couldnt walk and slept on the couch,
she admits the girls probably pushed for more drinks, but what bargirls don't? its how they earn most their salary,
Mike was fine partying all night, but was shocked at his last bill of $60, but because hes a friend of the boss and a regular customer they game him a $30 discount because he had already spent a lot and due to possible confusion about some of the lady drinks, possibly due to girls coming from other bars to have a drink with his girlfriend,
his tabs are never ususaly more than $50,
apparently he approved all the lady drinks or said "OK, OK" whenever a girl asked for one,
shes not asking for the post to be removed, just thinks its fair to give their side of the story,
and welcomes anyone to come drink at the bar
sounds like he was drunk and got a bit carried away, still, $450 is a hell of a lot of $3.50 lady drinks
in fact, if he was drinking spirits too, and so was his girlfriend, thats 128 drinks, divide that by the 11 people you can see in the pictures, thats roughly 11 drinks each, there could have been more girls as she mentions girls coming from other bars for a drink, so its not completely out of reach if you take into account some of them drinks could be shots
fuck knows why he wasnt keeping track of his bill though

one good reason why its best to go to a KTV...
girlybars are designed to suck the money out your wallet
You need to put out a Khmenglish ebook!
Never understood where the 450$ came from, was it just multiple bills of 50, 60$? Who's the khmer MacDaddy getting all the kisses?
Most of the those bars are full of 10$ whores anyways, they've just figured out how to get barang suckers to pay ten times over.

Your last two phrases is all one needs to know though! Cue NokTang :beer1:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Tourist Ripped Off For Over $400 At Candy Bar On Street 136 in Phnom Penh; Bar Girls Laugh at Him

Post by General Mackevili »

Oh, BBQ tomorrow, LoL.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
ricefarmersdaughter
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ricefarmersdaughter »

candy bar staff have always been scammers since years ago.
they have no problem in putting a few extra drinks on your bill then threaten you if you complain.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 5:08 pm

pppfffttt, i regularly drop 100+ in lady drinks, what a cry baby when he cant control his "girlfriend" for wanting to show off, btw whats the name of the girl in chanel t shirt? :D :D :D
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 1:24 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 5:45 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 5:08 pm Well, CEO received a message from a girl who says she works at Candy Bar, and here is her side of the story, along with the pics she sent us:

I am work for hostess bar with my boss for many year and I am one of ladies that Mike and his girlfriend allow us to have ours ladies drink . First we saw Mike enter the Candy bar for say hello to my bosses . Hardly she never sat with any customer because we all have manager and supervisor to control . Mike invite for a drink and I know for herself she never put a lady drink . Mike with my bosses and about 3girls have a drink together before Mike girlfriend came to the seat .This couple have spend a week at Koh Rong island . Mike girlfriend is the person who celebrating birthday on that night not my bosses . Ladies came to say happy birthday to Mike girlfriend and she gave a lady drink for those girls . Me and my friends always asked Mike or His girlfriend because my bosses and my manager very control on bill. Every order drink or lady drink we always put on table to show him also to make sure his bill is nothing rip off . He drank from 1am until morning . His girlfriend could not even walk and slept on candy bar couch . Lady drink is $3.50 so can you imagine the total of the bill ? My bosses she did don't push us to ask More lady drink from Mike but we all need money , ours personal problem is money that is why we are here to work !!!
Otherwise, some ladies come from different bar which is friends of Mike girlfriend for say hello Mike as he's a good customer. He's fine for the whole night and very enjoy ours company but he was so shock when the last bill $60 was print out coz he confused and miss understand that how could the bill is $60 even he did don't give some ladies a drink !? So our manager decided to cut off half of the amount for make him happy as we know he's ours bosses friend also he's already good spend for that night . All the ladies drink is approved from Mike and his girlfriend. Normally Mike came to Candy Bar never paid over $50 but that night is special because is his girlfriend birthday. We know is her real birthday that's why she's very excited. Before she gave lady drink she always asked Mike and he's always said Ok ! Ok !
I don't ask you to remove the post but to be fear you must more information from ours side ,what was happen and how !? He was drank and enjoy when we asked for ours drink he always said Ok , Ok . My bosses was very disappointed and shock when she do good but return in bad . We admire she's a very nice bosses.if you meet her in reality you will understand her more .Behalf of My manager we would like to invite you for a drink at Candy Bar . Feel free To come if you have free time.
"

yep as i mentioned in my earlier post, their bosses birthday is at the beginning of February not beginning of May...

for those struggling to read the Khmenglish...
Mike sits and drinks with the boss and 3 girls before his girlfriend arrives,
they had just spent a week on Koh Rong,
it was actually Mikes girlfriends birthday not the bosses,
Mikes girlfriend wants to celebrate her birthday with he girls and invites them all over for some drinks,
his Cheque bin was on the table so he could always keep tabs on his bill,
he drank until 1am and his girlfriend was that drunk she couldnt walk and slept on the couch,
she admits the girls probably pushed for more drinks, but what bargirls don't? its how they earn most their salary,
Mike was fine partying all night, but was shocked at his last bill of $60, but because hes a friend of the boss and a regular customer they game him a $30 discount because he had already spent a lot and due to possible confusion about some of the lady drinks, possibly due to girls coming from other bars to have a drink with his girlfriend,
his tabs are never ususaly more than $50,
apparently he approved all the lady drinks or said "OK, OK" whenever a girl asked for one,
shes not asking for the post to be removed, just thinks its fair to give their side of the story,
and welcomes anyone to come drink at the bar
sounds like he was drunk and got a bit carried away, still, $450 is a hell of a lot of $3.50 lady drinks
in fact, if he was drinking spirits too, and so was his girlfriend, thats 128 drinks, divide that by the 11 people you can see in the pictures, thats roughly 11 drinks each, there could have been more girls as she mentions girls coming from other bars for a drink, so its not completely out of reach if you take into account some of them drinks could be shots
fuck knows why he wasnt keeping track of his bill though

one good reason why its best to go to a KTV...
girlybars are designed to suck the money out your wallet
You need to put out a Khmenglish ebook!
Never understood where the 450$ came from, was it just multiple bills of 50, 60$? Who's the khmer MacDaddy getting all the kisses?
Most of the those bars are full of 10$ whores anyways, they've just figured out how to get barang suckers to pay ten times over.

Your last two phrases is all one needs to know though! Cue NokTang :beer1:
:plus1:
Khmenglish 101 by Punchy McShortstacks

yeah can quite easily be, a round of lady drinks (10/15 girls [can count 11 in 1 picture] x $3.50 = $35-$52.50 + His drink + his GF drink could easily = close to $45-60 a round)

Hes not a Khmer McDaddy, Mike Fonzie the guy who got ripped off is Malaysian :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

bolueeleh wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 11:31 am [
whats the name of the girl in chanel t shirt? :D :D :D
gold digger
unstable
or srey lop lop
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bolueeleh wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 11:31 am
General Mackevili wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 5:08 pm

pppfffttt, i regularly drop 100+ in lady drinks, what a cry baby when he cant control his "girlfriend" for wanting to show off, btw whats the name of the girl in chanel t shirt? :D :D :D
haha i can vouch for this, Bolueeleh dropped $125 on just him and 1 girl the other night lol (it did involve a bell ring if i remember rightly) but still not bad

ill try hunt her down on Facebook for ya lol if i had of known i would of tracked her down in PP and got her number for ya 2 nights ago lol back in SHV now
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 11:36 am
haha i can vouch for this, Bolueeleh dropped $125 on just him and 1 girl the other night lol (it did involve a bell ring if i remember rightly) but still not bad

ill try hunt her down on Facebook for ya lol if i had of known i would of tracked her down in PP and got her number for ya 2 nights ago lol back in SHV now
shhh, thats my secret, birdies fuck better when drunk :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bolueeleh wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 11:44 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 11:36 am

shhh, thats my secret, birdies fuck better when drunk :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
haha but you didnt even barfine her, the bar asked you to take her and you was like "meh, naa.. next bar"
mikefonz
Tourist

Post by mikefonz »

General Mackevili wrote:Well, CEO received a message from a girl who says she works at Candy Bar, and here is her side of the story, along with the pics she sent us:

"

Tell me at $3.50 a ladydrink. So at $450 how many ladydrinks will that be? That's 128 drinks. Am I drinking ladydrinks too? Stop your garbage trying to justify the ripoff. Photos and video showing that I'm enjoying myself? Of course I did before I saw the bill. I didn't throw the birthday girl a party. Your boss did so rightfully she should buy not me. Last round I told your boss 3 beers. She ordered 3 rounds of I don't know what. Now that you mentioned, my 3 beers is $30? That's definately a BIG rip off.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic