Banana-shaped Stool

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Banana-shaped Stool

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

Right. Apologies for this, but I can't get a proper answer from a doc.

I have had diarrhea for about a decade now. Today it took about 1.5 hours for dinner to come through me, some of it completely undigested. I wonder if I am getting any nutrition at all from what I eat.

So how often do you gentlemen and ladies (not that girlies poop, of course) pass what used to be known as a healthy stool way back when.

Not really interested in the looking down the lavatory/eating pulses debate, just want to know how many others suffer the same or similar affliction, if any.

Thanks. Gotta run.
jonnohitler
Expatriate

Re: Banana-shaped Stool

Post by jonnohitler »

Sounds like bowel cancer
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

Gee, thanks, jonno.

I am one of those sad bastards that can't handle gluten and wheat. Being a total drunkard, I pop esomeprazole (Nexium) at least once every two days to cope with the acid, avoid wheat and gluten where I can but fuck up all the time. Obviously drink lots of beer, whisky and vodka and have no intention of changing this.

Anyway, main point of thread: anyone else after a few decades or even years in the region?
jonnohitler
Expatriate

Post by jonnohitler »

When I first moved here I didn't have a solid shit for about 3 months. Over the last few years though it's normalised and I normally only get the squits once every couple of weeks. I've found it smells better than it used to as well.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

OP, why don't you get some tests done? Something will show up. For all you know it could be something simple to fix. Some stool culture tests, a colonoscopy etc.

I speak as one who just had a colonoscopy two days ago. I was dreading it but it was ok. And it reassured me that all was well 'up there'.

But yes I agree that living and eating in Cambodia results in quite a bit of acclimatisation for stomach and bowel...
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

Tim Linkinwater wrote:Right. Apologies for this, but I can't get a proper answer from a doc.

I have had diarrhea for about a decade now. Today it took about 1.5 hours for dinner to come through me, some of it completely undigested. I wonder if I am getting any nutrition at all from what I eat.

So how often do you gentlemen and ladies (not that girlies poop, of course) pass what used to be known as a healthy stool way back when.

Not really interested in the looking down the lavatory/eating pulses debate, just want to know how many others suffer the same or similar affliction, if any.

Thanks. Gotta run.
I think it's perfectly normal to have diarrhea once in a while, but a decade? :shock:
And a meal in 1.5 hours? I think you seriously need to seek some medical attention asap.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

This will sound crazy but there is a growing health therapy to obtain the right lower tract culture to treat disease.

Using a non parasitic local stool donor, apply via tube through nose to the upper tract, enema, or "milkshake" different micro bacteria can be introduced to our bodies.

Google it. 90% of the cells in our body are bacteria, we're just a host. Studies in the UK indicate these cultures impact IQ and wellbeing. Maybe those pervy Japanese scat eaters know something.

Sorry for the shitty reply, but it's for your own good.

p.s.: One of the Professors doing this research is a my son's University. No Bull.
Last edited by Milord on Sun May 18, 2014 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Milord wrote:Using a non parasitic local stool donor, apply via tube through nose to the upper tract
I can see many sme's opening up in Phnom Penh soon.

Sir, shit-shit? Mien peanuts..., achgai, tomato skins? :bad:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Ttr
Expatriate

Post by Ttr »

How can diarrhea be banana shaped? :facepalm:
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Funny Vlad, but the uTube "milkshake" how to video shows a strainer.

Slogan for your new clinic: "Better than Barf"

I'm not making this shit up. Why do you think this "therapy" has been hushed up since the '70s;

1st: It's disgusting.
2nd: Pharma companies can't make money off it.

edit: Just remembered the article recommended a double coated gelatin capsule to allow it to pass through the stomach to the intestine.
How about a shit-swap thread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic