8 Khmerican Criminals in Minnesota Are Fighting Deportation To Cambodia

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

8 Khmerican Criminals in Minnesota Are Fighting Deportation To Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia doesn’t want Minnesotans if it means splitting up families

Eight Minnesota men were arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement almost six months ago, to be deported to Cambodia for various crimes they committed in youth.

In each of the cases, the men had never actually set foot in Cambodia, and have few remaining connections there. They had been born in refugee camps in neighboring countries to parents fleeing the post-Vietnam War Cambodian genocide. After the war, when the U.S. opened its doors to Cambodians who had aided U.S. soldiers, the men followed their parents to Minnesota.

http://www.citypages.com/news/cambodia- ... /415137153

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 8 Khmerican Criminals in Minnesota Are Fighting Deportation To Cambodia

Cambodian Avoids US Expulsion While Others Await Deportation
March 10, 2017

A Cambodian man who faced deportation from the U.S. has been released from detention and returned to his family, while at least five others have been told they will be sent to Cambodia in the coming weeks, a U.S.-based advocacy organization said.

Ched Nin, one of the “Minnesota 8,” a high-profile group of Cambodians under threat of deportation, was released on February 24 after a U.S. immigration judge granted him a family hardship waiver, according to a statement by the Southeast Asia Resource Action Center released on Wednesday. The group said five of the eight had been notified of their upcoming deportation...

Full article: https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/camb ... on-126374/

From the OP article :
Growing up, they faced poverty, racism, and gang recruitment. Each had gotten into trouble with the law and served time for their crimes. They were flagged for deportation, but because Cambodia did not have an agreement with the United States to accept deportees until 2002, there was nowhere to deport them.

Years passed, and the men became productive members of society. They married American women, raised American children, and provided for their aging parents.

In August 2016, the men, dubbed the Minnesota 8, were re-arrested because the U.S. government believed that diplomatic conditions with Cambodia were ripe for finally processing their deportation orders.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Free the iPhone 6.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Five Cambodians Deported From US Arrive in Phnom Penh
March 30, 2017

Five Cambodians expelled from the U.S. arrived in Phnom Penh on Wednesday, a U.S. Embassy spokesman said, as Cambodia continued to call for revisions to the 2002 agreement with the U.S. that allowed their deportation.

“Five Cambodian citizens were returned to Cambodia today by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security,” embassy spokesman Jay Raman said in an email. “The returnees were subject to lawful removal orders issued by a U.S. immigration judge.”

The deportees—including four from a high-profile group of eight Cambodians living in Minnesota for whom their families and refugee advocates have fought for months in the hopes of halting their deportations—are the first to be repatriated since September.

The five men are among more than 30 Cambodians the government said last month it would accept for repatriation from the U.S...

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/five ... nh-127253/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

This is the way it should be. Enough of this not enforcing immigration laws. And this isn't the first time this has happened and there have been documentaries about this. For whatever reasons, these Khmer "Americans" pick up the black thug culture and they run with it. In fact, most of them speak just like black thugs and wear their pants around their knees just like the black thugs do. Heck, if you didn't see a picture of these Khmer thugs and only listened to them speak, you'd think they WERE blacks. I say good riddance. And for all you bleeding heart liberals, go cry me a river if you don't like it because I couldn't care less.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Ronny wrote: This is the way it should be. Enough of this not enforcing immigration laws. And this isn't the first time this has happened and there have been documentaries about this. For whatever reasons, these Khmer "Americans" pick up the black thug culture and they run with it. In fact, most of them speak just like black thugs and wear their pants around their knees just like the black thugs do. Heck, if you didn't see a picture of these Khmer thugs and only listened to them speak, you'd think they WERE blacks. I say good riddance. And for all you bleeding heart liberals, go cry me a river if you don't like it because I couldn't care less.
Lol. Aren't you the poster who has been living in Thailand for 15 years, who wants to move to Cambodia to "start over"?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:33 pm
Ronny wrote: This is the way it should be. Enough of this not enforcing immigration laws. And this isn't the first time this has happened and there have been documentaries about this. For whatever reasons, these Khmer "Americans" pick up the black thug culture and they run with it. In fact, most of them speak just like black thugs and wear their pants around their knees just like the black thugs do. Heck, if you didn't see a picture of these Khmer thugs and only listened to them speak, you'd think they WERE blacks. I say good riddance. And for all you bleeding heart liberals, go cry me a river if you don't like it because I couldn't care less.
Lol. Aren't you the poster who has been living in Thailand for 15 years, who wants to move to Cambodia to "start over"?
Yeah, but he doesn't greet his friends with "Yo mah nigga!" :rave: :rave: :rave:
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:33 pm
I'm thinking about it but haven't made up my mind. Why? Right now I'm starting to think Australia or New Zealand might be my next move so I have some decisions to make. What do you like about Cambodia?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

4 May 2017. WILLMAR — Five days after his son was born, Souen "Posy" Chheng was placed on a flight to Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with seven other deportees from the United States.

Chheng is now over 8,000 miles away from the son he has not met, Jakobie, and the child's mother and his wife of less than a year, Allison Chheng.Allison Chheng said she is doing "OK.'' Her new son is healthy and doing well.

Posy Chheng, 36, had never before stepped foot in Cambodia. He has no family there. He was born in a refugee camp in Thailand, and his family came to the U.S. in 1986 when he was 4 years old.
He does not have U.S. citizenship, and was convicted at age 14 of second-degree murder in Ramsey County. He served 17½ years in prison, where he met Peppin and they became friends.
Chheng had lived in Willmar since his release from prison in 2013, and worked as a barber at Peppin's business, Pep's Barbershop and Sports. He was placed in an Arizona detention facility in August, just a few days after learning that his wife was pregnant.

[According to the Cambodia Daily] Prime Minister HE has urged the U.S. to revise the agreement so that Cambodians who had already served prison sentences could stay with their families
http://www.wctrib.com/news/region/42617 ... d-cambodia

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic