New house and the police

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
Posts: 2827
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 713
New Zealand

Re: New house and the police

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Thu May 04, 2017 9:54 am

Frank lee bent is correct.
User avatar
beaker
Expatriate
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 am
Reputation: 138
Location: Ta Khmao
Cambodia

Re: New house and the police

Post by beaker » Thu May 04, 2017 10:08 am

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:54 am
Frank lee bent is correct.
What if the owner lives in Sihanouk and the house being rented by a barang is in Phnom Penh? I don't think that the police go to Sihanouk or that Sihanouk police do the paperwork.
I think the police would go to the residence and have the occupant supply necessary info and $$$ and they, the resident, could ask for the landlord to repay the fee.
In my case , Ta Khmao, they come to the door and tell me they will be arriving the next day to interview me. They show up and we sit outside and complete the paperwork since the landlords house is on the same plot of land they also are there and they pay the fee.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
User avatar
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
Posts: 2827
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 713
New Zealand

Re: New house and the police

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Thu May 04, 2017 10:33 am

Landlord needs to thumbprint all the documents in the presence of the Sangkat representative. Technically the police shouldn't be involved in this process at all, it is a Sangkat administration process.
iluvu
Expatriate
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:44 am
Reputation: 32
Cambodia

Re: New house and the police

Post by iluvu » Fri May 05, 2017 11:03 am

So I just need to thumbprint some shit and that's it? I'm not a renter I'm the homeowner.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Posts: 2068
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:23 am
Reputation: 8
Ireland

Re: New house and the police

Post by SinnSisamouth » Fri May 05, 2017 11:15 am

StroppyChops wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:16 pm
Here's some advice for free.

Whichever policeman comes to your house, make a point of writing down his badge number (it's on his shirt) and ask for his name and telephone number. He will get very, very nervous. If he asks what you're doing, just tell him you might need to contact him one day. He will probably not directly ask for money if you do this, but after he tells you "business is finished" (and he'll probably use these exact words) give him $5 and tell him you'll see him again in six months.

There are some benefits.

1. He'll think you know how to play the game, and behave himself.

2. If another copper tries the same game in a week or a month, just show him the details for the first copper and tell him to call the first guy.

Sounds too easy, but works.

Also, "my" immigration copper tried to share the love by bringing a street cop with him - I refused the street copper access to the house and told him he didn't need to be here if the immigration copper was here. Worked.
yeah that worked for you not because it was smart but you probably filled the doorway of the house!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1015
Australia

Re: New house and the police

Post by StroppyChops » Fri May 05, 2017 1:14 pm

SinnSisamouth wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 11:15 am
StroppyChops wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:16 pm
Here's some advice for free.

Whichever policeman comes to your house, make a point of writing down his badge number (it's on his shirt) and ask for his name and telephone number. He will get very, very nervous. If he asks what you're doing, just tell him you might need to contact him one day. He will probably not directly ask for money if you do this, but after he tells you "business is finished" (and he'll probably use these exact words) give him $5 and tell him you'll see him again in six months.

There are some benefits.

1. He'll think you know how to play the game, and behave himself.

2. If another copper tries the same game in a week or a month, just show him the details for the first copper and tell him to call the first guy.

Sounds too easy, but works.

Also, "my" immigration copper tried to share the love by bringing a street cop with him - I refused the street copper access to the house and told him he didn't need to be here if the immigration copper was here. Worked.
yeah that worked for you not because it was smart but you probably filled the doorway of the house!
Yeah, possibly. He did look a little surprised.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Posts: 2068
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:23 am
Reputation: 8
Ireland

Re: New house and the police

Post by SinnSisamouth » Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

StroppyChops wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 1:14 pm
SinnSisamouth wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 11:15 am
StroppyChops wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:16 pm
Here's some advice for free.

Whichever policeman comes to your house, make a point of writing down his badge number (it's on his shirt) and ask for his name and telephone number. He will get very, very nervous. If he asks what you're doing, just tell him you might need to contact him one day. He will probably not directly ask for money if you do this, but after he tells you "business is finished" (and he'll probably use these exact words) give him $5 and tell him you'll see him again in six months.

There are some benefits.

1. He'll think you know how to play the game, and behave himself.

2. If another copper tries the same game in a week or a month, just show him the details for the first copper and tell him to call the first guy.

Sounds too easy, but works.

Also, "my" immigration copper tried to share the love by bringing a street cop with him - I refused the street copper access to the house and told him he didn't need to be here if the immigration copper was here. Worked.
yeah that worked for you not because it was smart but you probably filled the doorway of the house!
Yeah, possibly. He did look a little surprised.
try doing it clothed next time. :shock:
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1015
Australia

Re: New house and the police

Post by StroppyChops » Fri May 05, 2017 1:38 pm

SinnSisamouth wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 1:14 pm
SinnSisamouth wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 11:15 am
StroppyChops wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:16 pm
Here's some advice for free.

Whichever policeman comes to your house, make a point of writing down his badge number (it's on his shirt) and ask for his name and telephone number. He will get very, very nervous. If he asks what you're doing, just tell him you might need to contact him one day. He will probably not directly ask for money if you do this, but after he tells you "business is finished" (and he'll probably use these exact words) give him $5 and tell him you'll see him again in six months.

There are some benefits.

1. He'll think you know how to play the game, and behave himself.

2. If another copper tries the same game in a week or a month, just show him the details for the first copper and tell him to call the first guy.

Sounds too easy, but works.

Also, "my" immigration copper tried to share the love by bringing a street cop with him - I refused the street copper access to the house and told him he didn't need to be here if the immigration copper was here. Worked.
yeah that worked for you not because it was smart but you probably filled the doorway of the house!
Yeah, possibly. He did look a little surprised.
try doing it clothed next time. :shock:
That would take all the fun out of it.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Posts: 2068
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:23 am
Reputation: 8
Ireland

Re: New house and the police

Post by SinnSisamouth » Fri May 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Image
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: epidemiks, IraHayes and 279 guests