Minor roof repairs

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Minor roof repairs

Post by juansweetpotato »

vladimir wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 7:19 am Plastic board from PBC, silicon gun, done.
Actually, the owner wants me to move in with her cousin for 2 weeks while she has the roof and ceiling repaired.
I was trying to understand why a 3 hour job could take so long. Then I realised that they use the shittiest cheapest materials, and must get the whole thing replaced every 3 to 4 years. You can't repair something you can push your finger through.
How do they afford to do this and why? lol - it's rhetorical.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

juansweetpotato wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 8:26 am
vladimir wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 7:19 am Plastic board from PBC, silicon gun, done.
Actually, the owner wants me to move in with her cousin for 2 weeks
while she has the roof and ceiling repaired.
I was trying to understand why a 3 hour job could take so long. Then I realised that they use the shittiest cheapest materials, and must get the whole thing replaced every 3 to 4 years. You can't repair something you can push your finger through.
How do they afford to do this and why? lol - it's rhetorical.

Before we comment more on this roof repair job, can you not show us a photo of it, ,,,,,, and her cousin. How big is the hole, one finger size or two ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Jesus, Lexus Schittus didn't whine. Maybe it will snow.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

You gave a recommendation, which is fair enough. Wouldn't last more than a few weeks, but a recommendation nonetheless.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
rock987
Tourist
United States of America

Post by rock987 »

juansweetpotato wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:13 pm Anyone know someone who is OK at getting on those tins roofs to repair a few leaks before next rainy season? In PP.
Thanks
Hello,
I have a guy who does good roof repair work at a reasonable price.
You can call him on this number: (252) 473-2888
Thanks
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

rock987 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:27 am
juansweetpotato wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:13 pm Anyone know someone who is OK at getting on those tins roofs to repair a few leaks before next rainy season? In PP.
Thanks
Hello,
Thanks
That phone number is for a roofing company in North Carolina, USA. Are you stupid or a stupid spam-bot?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

chkwoot wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:55 am
Thanks
Hello,
Thanks
That phone number is for a roofing company in North Carolina, USA. Are you stupid or a stupid spam-bot?
So what ,,, Maybe they have Fly-in Fly-out workers .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

B
Duncan wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:21 am
chkwoot wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:55 am
Thanks
Hello,
Thanks
So what ,,, Maybe they have Fly-in Fly-out workers .
It was probably Playboy taking the piss.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic