British Doctor Clive Cressy Arrested in Cambodia on Pedophile Charges at Jars of Clay in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Brewer
Expatriate

Re: British Doctor Clive Robert Kingsley Cressy Arrested At Jars of Clay in Phnom Penh, Cambodia on Pedophile Charges

Post by Brewer »

AE86 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:58 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:27 pm
He has a Vietnamese wife and the child victims are also Vietnamese.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
She's Khmer (ethnically), not Vietnamese.
That might account for the Cambodia passport they found and was shown in some of the photos. It was only the front cover, not the ID page, but if I had to punt a dollar it would be on it being hers.

I'd also punt another dollar on that creepy fucker dying in jail, he's got a long sentence coming. :thumb:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: British Doctor Clive Robert Kingsley Cressy Arrested At Jars of Clay in Phnom Penh, Cambodia on Pedophile Charges

Post by General Mackevili »

Brewer wrote:
AE86 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:58 pm

That might account for the Cambodia passport they found and was shown in some of the photos. It was only the front cover, not the ID page, but if I had to punt a dollar it would be on it being hers.

I'd also punt another dollar on that creepy fucker dying in jail, he's got a long sentence coming. :thumb:
Ah, someone is paying attention. I'd forgotten all about that mystery.

So we're guessing an ethnic Vietnamese with Cambodian citizenship?

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:47 pm Notice how in the AEON pic she is wearing a pair of the shoes he had.

This guy gets creepier by the second.
well spotted, made my stomach churn a bit though
i want to pop his eyeballs out with a spoon
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:12 pm
AE86 wrote:

Out of curiosity, how do you know this? It seems like the article says he also visits Vietnam often as well, as far as what my impression of what it says from a few translations.
Because when comparing her face to full ethnic Khmer to ethnic Vietnamese, she (in my opinion) pulls very hard to the Khmer side. Her name is also Chea SokThea...not a Vietnamese name.
-insert signature here
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Alleged Pedophile’s Partner Brokered Sex: Police
1 May 2017
The girlfriend of a U.K. man has been arrested for allegedly convincing underage girls to have sex with the 69-year-old in Phnom Penh, police said on Sunday.
Chea Sokthy, 27, was arrested on Friday the day after police arrested Clive Cressy in a raid on his apartment in Chamkar Mon district, said Keo Thea, chief of the municipal anti-human trafficking bureau.
“She was the one who convinced the girls to have sex with the British man,” Mr. Thea said, adding that the couple had lived together in Phnom Penh for three years.
Police on Thursday said that four girls—aged 12, 13, 14 and 15—had been prostituted by an aunt, who was being detained and questioned.
Mr. Thea said Ms. Sokthy had admitted to taking one of the girls to Mr. Cressy.
The other three had also told police that they had been convinced by her, he added.
A charge of purchasing prostitution has been suggested for Mr. Cressy and soliciting child prostitution for Ms. Sokthy.
Mr. Thea said both suspects would be sent back to court today.
http://asia-info.co/forums/cambodia-new ... olice.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British doctor, 69, arrested 'for abusing girls as young as 12' is found with a suitcase packed with children's clothes and Barbie dolls in Cambodia
-Clive Cressy arrested at a cafe in Cambodian capital Phnom Penh on Thursday
-The doctor, 69, is accused of paying for sex with four girls aged 12, 13, 14 and 15
-Pictures of his suitcase show it contained children's clothes and Barbie dolls
-Company papers show Brighton, East Sussex, as his correspondence address

3 May 2017
A British doctor arrested for paying girls as young as 12 for sex in Cambodia had a suitcase packed with children's clothes and Barbie dolls, it has emerged.
Clive Cressy, 69, was arrested at a cafe in capital Phnom Penh last Thursday after a police investigation and charged yesterday.
The doctor is accused of paying for sex with four girls aged 12, 13, 14 and 15. Police claim he paid up to £2,300 to have sex with a virgin.

His Vietnamese girlfriend Chea Sokthy, 27, was also arrested at his apartment after being accused of procuring the youngsters.
Yesterday, the pair appeared at the The Phnom Penh Municipal Court where they were both charged and remanded at the Prey Sar prison to await trial...
Daily Mail
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: British Doctor Clive Cressy Arrested in Phnom Penh, Cambodia on Pedophile Charges at Jars of Clay

And now it's made its way to The Sun:

"SICK BAG OF TRICKS

Brit doctor, 69, arrested in Cambodia ‘for sexually abusing girls as young as 12’ had suitcase stuffed with kid’s clothes and Barbie dolls

DISTURBING pics show a British doctor’s suitcase stuffed full of kids’ clothes and Barbie dolls after he was arrested for allegedly paying for sex with virgins as young as 12.

Clive Cressy, 69, was arrested at a cafe on Thursday in Cambodia’s capital, Phnom Penh, following a police investigation and was charged on Tuesday.
"

And I just spoke with someone from the BBC, so I assume they'll have something up shortly if they can get the answers they're looking for. I was of no help. :( I passed him off to James McCabe of the Child Protection Unit, although I'm not even sure if he's on this case, but it's definitely the kind of case he deals with.

And APLE Cambodia shared our link on their Facebook page, so maybe this story is just getting a late start. Seems the creepy pictures of the Clive Cressy with children's clothing and toys would be enough on its own to get more people to pick up this story.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: British Doctor Clive Cressy Arrested in Phnom Penh, Cambodia on Pedophile Charges at Jars of Clay

As predicted...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-39798699

Crazy how long some stories take to get international coverage.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British Doctor Clive Cressy Arrested in Cambodia on Pedophile Charges at Jars of Clay in Phnom Penh

November 28, 2018
Brit tried for having sex with minors
Phnom Penh Municipal Court yesterday tried a British man and his Vietnamese wife for allegedly forcing four minors to have sex with the husband after illegally adopting them.

Presiding Judge Thlang Phaneth identified them as Clive Robert Kingsley, 69, and Chea Sokthy, 27, both staying in a rented apartment in Chamkar Mon district.

Judge Phaneth noted that Mr Kingsley is charged with purchasing child prostitution and faces up to 15 years in jail if convicted, while Ms Sokthy is charged with soliciting child prostitution and faces up to five years in jail if convicted.

Colonel Keo Thea, municipal anti-human trafficking and juvenile protection department chief, said Mr Kingsley in 2016 told his wife to persuade the families of four young Vietnamese girls to allow him to raise them and teach them English. He noted that the victims were aged between nine and 13 years.

“But while the four victims were staying with them, the husband offered them between $2,000 and $3,000 each for them to have sex with him anytime he wanted,” Col Thea said.

He said that on April 27 last year, a child protection NGO saw Mr Kingsley with the children and followed them to his apartment.

Col Thea noted that NGO representatives waited until two children came outside and asked them why they were with him. He said that the children told them what was going on and the NGO alerted police.

Col Thea added that anti-human trafficking and juvenile protection police then raided the apartment and arrested the couple and rescued the four girls.

During yesterday’s trial, both accused denied the charges. They admitted that they adopted the four girls from poor families living in the city so that Mr Kingsley could teach them English.

Mr Kingsley told the court that he is an English Literature teacher and came to Cambodia in 2015. He noted that he taught the subject at a private school in the city.

Mr Kingsley said that the reason why he told Ms Sokthy to bring the four victims to stay with them was because they were from poor families and he wanted to teach them English to make it easier for them to find work when they were older.

He denied that he sexually abused the children.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50553686/b ... th-minors/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British Doctor Clive Cressy Arrested in Cambodia on Pedophile Charges at Jars of Clay in Phnom Penh

Kingsley's wife, after several months on the run, was captured earlier this year, accused of being an accomplice who forced minors to have sex with her husband:
post256727.html?hilit=Kingsley#p256727

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic