A extra 500 r worth of

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

A extra 500 r worth of

Post by Duncan »

Always enjoyed my 2000 riel worth of laughs and giggles in the Cambodian Daily, but now the price has gone up to 2500 riel, will I get an extra laugh or will i get an extra news item on Cambodia.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: A extra 500 r worth of

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Duncan wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 11:12 am Always enjoyed my 2000 riel worth of laughs and giggles in the Cambodian Daily, but now the price has gone up to 2500 riel, will I get an extra laugh or will i get an extra news item on Cambodia.
i remember my favourite noodle house in PP went up 500r this year from 5000r to 5500r,
i thought its very smart, that extra 500r is barely noticeable to me, but because they are a really popular khmer joint and always busy,
it boosts their profit by 10%, unless their rent had gone up and they had to try raise their price to make up for it
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

2000KHR was too much for me.

I buy 6 newspapers a day;
Nokor Thom, Rasmei Kampuchea, Kampuchea Thmey, Phnom Penh Post Khmer, Nokorwat, & Koh Santepheap.
Each one is 1000 Riel. No way am I buying a 2500 Riel, A4 size, extremely slim newspaper.

Cambodia Daily I read online via private browsing to get around the subscription thing. But to be honest their stories are most often a day late after one of the Khmer language newspapers has broken a story, or for more sensitive political stories a day after RFA, RFI or VOA has published a story online. Very rarely do they have original content, but when they do it's well researched and written.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"Cambodia Daily I read online via private browsing to get around the subscription thing"

Good tip thanks.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic