British man, Andrew James Neil Heap, found dead, PP.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British man, Andrew James Neil Heap, found dead, PP.

Post by John Bingham »

Every junkie I've ever met tries to downplay their bad habits by saying alcohol is much worse. Deluded fucking losers.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
episteme
Tourist

Post by episteme »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:50 am Every junkie I've ever met tries to downplay their bad habits by saying alcohol is much worse. Deluded fucking losers.
oh, for fuck's sake.
have you got any more clichee life wisdoms up your sleeve to share?
i love people that understand things selectively just cos somehow they always HAVE to be right.

let me try this again, nonetheless.
first, we're not talking a fucking washing machine here but an actual physiology - it's complex of causes taken together.
it's really irrelevant what is more damaging or it isn't, its subjective, i just said that alcohol has done ME more damage than any other substance has, and others in my family have died from alcohol (not even abuse mind you, but too regular a use).
am i trying to defend anything over anything, fuck no.
if having been (or if that makes you feel any better about yourself, am) a 'deluded fucking loser' has taught me one thing that's to reserve judgment, not give advise and never assume i am always right.
if alcohol has been as bad for me, i couldn't have been the only one.
and look at the guy in the photo, does he strike you as a tweaker?
i'm sorry to break it to you, but people do die from alcohol, just as they do from meth.
you're either drunk here or wrongfully assuming i am defending a position in a court of cambodian expats on an internet forum.

i would also like to remind you, as a drinker, that no matter what, alcohol is still really an organic solvent.
Last edited by episteme on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kila85
Tourist

Post by kila85 »

I'm sorry but can't you discuss these things on another thread? Families and friends of people passing may read these. I'm sure there's plenty of space on the forum to discuss your opinion on drug/alcohol usage, however why discuss it here without even knowing what this person or that person's reason for death was?Without even knowing the person and what actually happened to them? It is cold, ignorant and arrogant, and it really hurts those who are left behind these tragic stories.
episteme
Tourist

Post by episteme »

kila85 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:43 pm I'm sorry but can't you discuss these things on another thread? Families and friends of people passing may read these. I'm sure there's plenty of space on the forum to discuss your opinion on drug/alcohol usage, however why discuss it here without even knowing what this person or that person's reason for death was?Without even knowing the person and what actually happened to them? It is cold, ignorant and arrogant, and it really hurts those who are left behind these tragic stories.

i thought about that at least 5 posts BEFORE.
but people here prefer to defend alcohol, for some reason...
they weren't even asked to.
it wasn't even implied.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

kila85 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:43 pm I'm sorry but can't you discuss these things on another thread? Families and friends of people passing may read these. I'm sure there's plenty of space on the forum to discuss your opinion on drug/alcohol usage, however why discuss it here without even knowing what this person or that person's reason for death was?Without even knowing the person and what actually happened to them? It is cold, ignorant and arrogant, and it really hurts those who are left behind these tragic stories.
Agreed!

Thread Locked!
Locked Previous topicNext topic