Dreaming of moving to Cambodia how do I make a habit

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jphillip
Tourist

Re: Dreaming of moving to Cambodia how do I make a habit

Post by Jphillip »

willyhilly wrote:There are jobs for expats in construction despite what the naysayers think. But speaking some Khmer is important and spending some time making connections. But no one wants to spend any money, local labour is so cheap and there is little demand for quality work.
Basically all the buildings are shit with terrible plumbing and electrical, rough as guts tiling and no falls to wet area floors.
But there are a couple of barangs doing pretty well with shop fitting and general construction. Daniel Lemada seems to be doing OK and his kitchens are looking better and better.
Someone posted all the job agencies on a thread somewhere here lately, have a look.
Thanks for the input! I'm still looking at making the move .....never know until you try right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Dreaming of moving to Cambodia how do I make a habit

Post by Mr Curious »

I would say start with plenty of black and white fabric.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic