However this did make us even more curious on how all these bars are able to survive. So I thought I would ask some question which we raised amongest ourselves. Your Opinions will be valued but I would be really interested in hearing from anyone who has facts and possible has had experience in this industry.
1. With so many bars around S136,130 and s110 are they profitable. I saw the Angry Bird Banner come up here, and I was told that the owner several bars. So he can capture the majority of the traffic. I am also lead to believe that there are multiple bars owned by or have shares by the same person. So either you are investing more money to capture more of the market other words buying market share as it is very competitive or you are doing really well and are expanding your empire??
2. What are these bars worth to buy I herd some want $40,000 and others are asking in access of $100,000, I know this will depend on the bar but does anyone know what they are asking and are they worth it. Some have been around for years so they must be doing OK or is it a case where they where doing OK.
3. What will it cost to set up a bar in average and what will be the outgoings associated. Rent, power, Stock, staff.
Thanks in advance for any reply.
Yet some have been around for years with the owner opening more? So as a friend asked the question they cannot be to bad if the owners are by more bars>Are bars viable? Generally no
Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
- The Pun-isher
- Posts: 6077
- Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
- Reputation: 185
- Location: The Kremlin
afaik, those who profit enough is a very small percentage...those who profit enough to open a second one is a much smaller percentage of that, and some of those rely on ...err...other forms of income, not just food/drink/accommodation etc.
- Sir Duncan
- Posts: 6246
- Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
- Reputation: 1287
- Location: Wonder Why Central
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
- Posts: 9109
- Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
- Reputation: 1642
- Location: the far side of the moon
Not much profit in $.50 happy hour beers or even $1 beers.
In my experience i see you need all or most of the below
1. LOTS of girls
2. Owner has LOTS of friends that DONT own bars and have $$$
3. Good food ( larry's)
4. Great location with lots of foot traffic
5. Cheap rent/ long lease
- The Cool Boxing Guy
- Posts: 13679
- Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
- Reputation: 1881
- Location: Naklua
and many of the older bars have also closed, walkabout being one of the recent gonners
will who owns angrybird/honeypot and has opened a new one cant remeber the name all on 130 will have all the info yo need
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 10 Replies
- 2453 Views
Last post by angkorjohn
Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:56 am
- 35 Replies
- 5531 Views
Last post by Jamie_Lambo
Sun May 28, 2017 6:05 pm
- 27 Replies
- 9169 Views
Last post by fax
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:23 pm
- 2 Replies
- 916 Views
Last post by Kuroneko
Wed May 03, 2017 11:06 am
- 31 Replies
- 8432 Views
Last post by AndyKK
Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:28 am
- 48 Replies
- 5207 Views
Last post by zmth
Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:26 am
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 122 guests