Laptop buying

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
jmap
Expatriate

Re: Laptop buying

Post by jmap »

@ Bitte_Kein_Lexus good to hear that the ssd works faster. What is the screen size of the unit you have?

I look forward to the name of that shop.

Cheers!
LeesaJohnson
Expatriate

Post by LeesaJohnson »

I would suggest buying an Asus laptop and it will be a great experience for you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

love my 14" Asus laptop ( 3rd one ) and 7" fone pad
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Chantra Laprop shop in TTP (St 468) or any of the many shops larger on Kampuchea Krom...all with a 1-year warranty

Agree with richard, ASUS make good stuff at lower prices than most

If you don't like BIll the Shill spying on you via Windows 10, you may want to ask if it's possible to run Windows 7 on it
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Every time I fire up my Asus, I get "IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE" splashed across my screen. I hope they bloody well find it soon.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:48 am Every time I fire up my Asus, I get "IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE" splashed across my screen. I hope they bloody well find it soon.
Tell them to look for it down a well .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Around the junction of Kampuchea krom and st171. west side of 171 and south side of kampuchea krom. Several along there for abpout 2 blcoks cheaper than Chantra, who also have a branch over the road. place called IT computer over the road has asus. Watch out for grey imports with thai keyboards. BCS comouter had a good deal on acer gaming laptops,several shops but not much english from there west up to 2 blocks. BCS will sell you an original windows pro for $70 if you ask nicely with a new laptop. DO NOT BUY windows 10 home
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

pczz wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:45 pm Around the junction of Kampuchea krom and st171. west side of 171 and south side of kampuchea krom. Several along there for abpout 2 blcoks cheaper than Chantra, who also have a branch over the road. place called IT computer over the road has asus. Watch out for grey imports with thai keyboards. BCS comouter had a good deal on acer gaming laptops,several shops but not much english from there west up to 2 blocks. BCS will sell you an original windows pro for $70 if you ask nicely with a new laptop. DO NOT BUY windows 10 home

WHY?
i just got a new laptop while back in the states and came with wndows 10
at first didn't like it but found a site, https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/make ... -windows-7
and i now am quite happy with it
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I managed to kill my laptop recently and bought a 2nd hand 14" Lenovo I5 2.6MHz with 500GB HDD off Facebook. They were still loading it up with (probably pirated) Windows 10, Office etc when I went to pick it up. But when I got it home I took out the HDD and dropped my one in from my old lappy, and being Linux it worked right off the bat. Try doing that with Windows!

Anyway these guys were good. I negotiated the price from $315 to $275.

Sarom Computer
53a St 173, Phnom Penh
092 979 708

http://www.saromcomputerkh.com/

https://maps.app.goo.gl/xKEH2
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

What's wrong with Windows 10? Everyone said Apple was better, so they gave you a Spotlight search, and now you're moaning you want a clunky menu back. Although Windows 10 has a perfectly good menu. And you can just Powershell everything.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic